• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 venture DX

madelinot

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 yamaha venture tf
I am looking for reviews from someone who bought the 2018 venture DX . Are they more comfortable than the regular venture . Any problems . ? Quality , ride and so on . Thanks .

I just borrowed my brothers Arctic Cat for 1000km on Quebecs trails. Arctic Cat/Yamaha is the same sled these days. I'll compare it to my 2012 RS Venture GT, 25 000 kms on it, which Yamaha no longer makes, because of the CAT Pantera (I think that's what it's called) and the Yamaha DX. My GT and the Cat have the same engine.
DX Pros - storage, extra fuel, heated seat, suspension, warm feet, seating position is easier on the knees, pulls harder when pinned,
GT Pros - softer seat, easier on the right thumb, EPS, better wind protection on legs and face, mirrors, starts better, not as top heavy,

I could live with the heavier steering, thumb pressure, top heaviness, mirrors,

If Cat/Yamaha made this sled with better wind protection, and a softer seat, I would consider it.

I don't have seat time on the snow, but I have compared the cat and Yamaha versions, and they are night and day in terms of fit and finish. There are a number of differences between them; they primarily share simply the engine and chassis. The Yamaha is a much, much better animal in my opinion. I've heard good reports, but they have been sparse. There aren't dozens of guys on social media and forums that own these.

They made this model for just one year. There may be a risk of parts unavailability unless you get your parts from a Cat dealer. A casualty of the 2019 Yamaha cull.

They made this model for just one year. There may be a risk of parts unavailability unless you get your parts from a Cat dealer. A casualty of the 2019 Yamaha cull.
Well Mooseman this is a non issue now, the Venture is back with EPS in the delta box chassis and now a 2 up 2020 Sidewinder with extra fuel storage. WTG Yamaha!

As well as the 600 Transporter which is more a bush whacker (in more than one sense :p)

I think the return of the RS GT was a smart move by Yamaha. Probably realized their mistake when people were coming in asking for EPS and then walking out. I'd consider buying one if I could afford it. Also hope they bring back the accessories for it as some were majorly pissed when they bought one of the last ones and there were no bags or racks for them.

So if you own a DX, you have a collector vehicle :D.

As well as the 600 Transporter which is more a bush whacker (in more than one sense :p)

I think the return of the RS GT was a smart move by Yamaha. Probably realized their mistake when people were coming in asking for EPS and then walking out. I'd consider buying one if I could afford it. Also hope they bring back the accessories for it as some were majorly pissed when they bought one of the last ones and there were no bags or racks for them.

So if you own a DX, you have a collector vehicle :D.

Just to correct you. The Venture they brought back for 2020 is the TF. Not the GT. I own a 2015 GT which was the last year they made them.

Naive question: what's the difference between the GT and TF?
We bought 2 used Apex's last season and I'm thinking of switching one of them for a Venture so our daughter can ride behind me this year.
tks

Get a seat jack for your current sled, easiest solution.

The GT has a 144 track and regular rails, TF has 151 and tip up rear rails for when backing. GT had adjustable shocks.

I owned a 2017 Viper STX-DX (same as the 2018 Venture- DX minus the two up seat). I currently own a 2020 RS Venture TF (Deltabox Japanese built). I agree with everyone's comments above. The TF fit and finish is far and above the Venture DX. The run quality and throttle by wire is also more seamless on the Venture TF. The heated seat on DX is nice and I would consider the power more "raw" or "muscular" on the DX. Great write up in the latest issue of Snowtech magazine on the 2020 RS Venture TF. Can't go wrong with either one in my opinion!

I had a RS VENTURE TF...track howl between 32-38mph drove me nuts...then its so tippy, rolled mine going over a small snow mound with the Misses on the back...once we got her out from under the machine she said she would not ride on it again...So I went and got a STX GT and that sled is just fantastic; quiet, smooth not tippy at all and handles real nice...we love the sled. The Venture was awesome for wind protection and was amazingly good on fuel for a big machine, the EPS was very nice and will put it on the STX for this coming season. The Tf was hard to handle in the corners...it sucks yet it had stock ski's that I should have gotten rid of. Sorry Yamaha for the review but its my honest opinion of the TF...yet I am a huge fan of the Sidewinder 2up...night and day machines. Oh, the ski's on the SW are being replaced...tuner 3's on fresh snow not groomed are not good, Hard pack they are good. I don't get it when people on here trash the Cat Chasis, I think it's fine, sure anything could be better but for me its a fun sled to ride...everyone who has ridden it has loved it. Joe

Back