• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 windshield

T.K.

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer mountain lite
I recently purchased a 2008 Phazer that has the large windshield. I was hoping it could be swapped out with the much smaller one on the 2018 model. The brackets that the mount on are the exact same part number (8GK-77222-00-00) so this should be possible?

Is p# 8GN-K7210-20-00 the small windshield?

1582302565415_2872111_lg.jpg

6f30aa85-155e-4b1d-8fb4-d0255fdea9bc.jpg

If I remember correctly I thought there was a medium size smoked windshield also one size between the ones you are showing which looks really good and gives you abit better protection, I had a 14 phazer xtx with it on it and looked and worked great, these sleds are I found are alot fun but its a colder ride, every little bit helps.

If I remember correctly I thought there was a medium size smoked windshield also one size between the ones you are showing which looks really good and gives you abit better protection, I had a 14 phazer xtx with it on it and looked and worked great, these sleds are I found are alot fun but its a colder ride, every little bit helps.
I think the pic I showed of the 2018 is the same mid sized one that was on the 2014 xtx that your referring to. I think it looks good too. I'm not sure if its a direct fit. I searched through the forum's and there seems to be some discussion that the brackets were changed at one point, but it seems to me like if the part numbers are the same it should be a direct fit.

No, mine was the designer style Yamaha had offered for the Phazer, the size was in between those two you have posted, you can't get them anymore.

No, mine was the designer style Yamaha had offered for the Phazer, the size was in between those two you have posted, you can't get them anymore.

do you know if the mount was the same as other years?

I believe they shared the same mount as the the phazer xtx in your picture, mine was exactly like the one you have posted and came with that type windshield, I changed the windshield to the designer style before it left the dealer, I don't think the mounts were different.

royal distributing made one that was smaller than that one. shattered the small one i had on the 09 and brother replaced it with the yammy big one that is on your sled.

royal distributing made one that was smaller than that one. shattered the small one i had on the 09 and brother replaced it with the yammy big one that is on your sled.

I had a look at royal distributing and couldnt see anything, but i think you might mean this one: https://fortnine.ca/en/powermadd-cobra-snowmobile-windshield-16in-tint-black-fade-15720 which is sold out everywhere i look.

thanks for the replies guys, I think I might order a 2018 and hope it fits.

I have swapped windshields from medium to high. Same mount. I would be interested in your windshield, if you want to sell. PM me what you are thinking.

Back