• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 ZR9000RR?

Pulled the trigger on this today, is it still cool to hang out here with you guys?
Any issues I need to know about? The plan is to keep it stock, it's studded, with snow trackers and tall windy.

Thanks

Congrats!
Same drive train issues as Winders (chain case roller), track shaft spinning in bearing issues, rollover valve, etc, etc. Don't think you'll have same clutch issues as some Winder riders (Yamaha clutches) as Cat clutches are way different and seem to not be as vulnerable to issues.

Have fun!!!

You can still hang with us.
It's basically my sled with a different clutch on it.
As a matter of fact, i can stop by on my way to Maine, pick your Green azz up & take you for the ride of your life!

P.S: I have an enclosed trailer so that should hide the embarrassment of owning an Arctic Cat

P.S2: That first PS was just a joke...............................just in case you don't have a sense of humor

You can still hang with us.
It's basically my sled with a different clutch on it.
As a matter of fact, i can stop by on my way to Maine, pick your Green azz up & take you for the ride of your life!

P.S: I have an enclosed trailer so that should hide the embarrassment of owning an Arctic Cat

P.S2: That first PS was just a joke...............................just in case you don't have a sense of humor
Sounds good and yes I do have a sense of humor, I ride mostly in the NEK of Vermont but I'm always up for something new!

Congrats!
Same drive train issues as Winders (chain case roller), track shaft spinning in bearing issues, rollover valve, etc, etc. Don't think you'll have same clutch issues as some Winder riders (Yamaha clutches) as Cat clutches are way different and seem to not be as vulnerable to issues.

Have fun!!!
Are those issues covered under warranty? the sled still has 2 years left on it

Just for starters ....
  • As I understand it, chain case tensioner roller is covered by warranty (except if you wait til you have a claim, you might have a major incident ie. the roller falls down out of bracket and jams lower sprocket which in turn blows up your chain case!).
  • Track drive shaft spinning in bearing is covered but again, why not prevent it from happening in first place?
  • Rollover valve is not covered (to my knowledge). Why not prevent problems? Bypass it and be done.
  • Check ALL clamps on hoses and intake-side tubes.
  • Check to make sure the wiring harness going to front fuse block will not rub through and short out. Right side of fuse block when looking from front.
  • Check chain tension and oil level closely. Chain case should be filled about 6 oz. more than manual calls for. Externally, chain tension should be about 1-3/4 turns out from "tight" as determined with your fingers behind muffler. I think manual calls for 1-1/2 turns out from "finger tight."
  • Do not run track too loose. With the speeds these sleds can run, there is allot of centrifugal force at high speed. If run too loose, the track can hit heat exchangers. Here is a video to help ...

Pulled the trigger on this today, is it still cool to hang out here with you guys?
Any issues I need to know about? The plan is to keep it stock, it's studded, with snow trackers and tall windy.

Thanks

Awsome congrats I have a 19 zr so I got your back:p
You are all good here just be ready to be poked by your yamaha buddies..lol
I just remind them that this day and age it's acceptable to be a transgender (yamaha stuck in a cat body) lol:D

Transgender. LOL. Yamaha in Cat body. That's good stuff right there boys.

So i'd guess the Ski Doo would be the one in pants
The skirt wearing person would be Polaris since they're Ski Doo's little beeeaaatch
Yamaha would be the half dude half chick cuz they're not sure who they are
And Arctic Cat would be the midget in the wheelchair since they are always broke anyways
IMG_3027.jpg

The skirt wearing person would be Polaris since they're Ski Doo's little beeeaaatch
And Arctic Cat would be the midget in the wheelchair since they are always broke anywaysView attachment 149799

OMG now that’s some funny $hit right there, what OCD said!

And Arctic Cat would be the midget in the wheelchair since they are always broke anywaysView attachment 149799
FU.gif
LOL

Back