• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 LTX LE

Swampfox

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder
I’ve looked around in the search que with not much luck. There is a lot of info and posts about the srx on here. My question is to anyone who bought the ltx le. Any thoughts on it. Do you like the 1.6 track? Are you glad you bought it or would you have rather bought the srx.? Any real world info on it would be great. There are a few of the ltx le’s out there. Just do t hear much about them.

My buddy bought the LTX-LE, and I bought the plain Jane LTX-DX. I think that the color and the electronic QS3's were what swayed him to buy the sled, but in reality, after playing with the shocks the first few miles, he hasn't changed the shock adjustment in the last 600+ miles. What he does like, and what I am very envious of, is the 1.6" track. I have that track on my XTX Viper and it is great for playing in the deep snow. Performance-wise, there is not a lot of difference between our two sleds, except that I consistently get better gas mileage. I don't know whether that is as a result of the lower gearing and longer track lugs, or a result of the way that the two of us ride. On the last fill up, I took 4 gallons, and he took 4.5 or 4.6 gallons, and it has been consistent at every gas stop. The SRX is a great looking machine, but I was scared off by the 1" lugs, they just would not fit in with my riding habits.

I’ve looked around in the search que with not much luck. There is a lot of info and posts about the srx on here. My question is to anyone who bought the ltx le. Any thoughts on it. Do you like the 1.6 track? Are you glad you bought it or would you have rather bought the srx.? Any real world info on it would be great. There are a few of the ltx le’s out there. Just do t hear much about them.
Only have a few hundred miles on, but so far, so good. Like the adjustable electronic shocks, although I think every setting should be softer as I can't see using firm very often unless the trails were very smooth.
I may have been better off on the SRX wth the softer springs as I only weight 160.

Last edited:
I have a 18 LTX LE and installed a 1.6 ice cobra from new. I gave up a little top end. But love this track. It allows me to go off trail and trail ride. There are a few others on this site running a 1.6 and haven’t heard many complaints. This combo would be my first choice if I had to do it again.

I have the 19' LTX LE, Love the sled, the shocks, the look and the track. Haven't done it yet but will be changing to C & A XTPs . No plans on tuning it as I just bought it for trail riding and with the 1.6 cobra it's really perfect on the trails. The shocks have been on the soft setting from day one so I'd say the electronic control is just a novelty. As for comparing it to the SRX it's essentially the same machine minus some top end speed. As for fuel mileage I'm getting 12.5-13, not as good as my Viper turbo but that has a shorter lug and a lot more gear. Not sure on the top speed of this sled but I've had it up to 100 on a snow covered lake and really can't ride it at that speed where I ride. Very glad I bought the Sidewinder in this configuration.

Last edited:
I have an 18 LTX SE non-tuned and I think the only thing I would do differently with the track is ad the 1.6 studded Cobra. There is too much track spin with all that power on the trials with a little snow. I think that track would take this sled to a whole new level.

Back