• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Sidewinder X-TX LE Spring Orders

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX LE 141
Took a Ski-Doo 850 E-TEC out for a ride and I was not impressed. I expected much more out of the 160+ HP engine and G4 chassis. Definitely turned me off as I felt no noticeable improvement over my stock Viper. A month later, I took a ride on a Sidewinder and I was absolutely blown away. I can only say everything about the engine that has already been said. What a trail rocket!

Just traded in a 2011 Yamaha Apex X-TX 144 and a 2014 Yamaha SR Viper X-TX 141 on two new Sidewinder X-TX LEs. Anything that needs to be watched out for? Planning on putting an actual windshield on both, adding a heavier spring to the front skid shock, and making that whole interface stronger (probably by changing out the current setup for a solid aluminum rod with bolts at each end).

Looking forward to next season already!

19 xtx le has a 1.75 single ply track - -- not for me in michigan - now the XTX SE has a 2 ply 1.6 cobra which is really a 1.45 - with qs3 piggy shocks all around and a uncoupled skid which is lightest by far and my fav...

19 xtx le has a 1.75 single ply track - -- not for me in michigan - now the XTX SE has a 2 ply 1.6 cobra which is really a 1.45 - with qs3 piggy shocks all around and a uncoupled skid which is lightest by far and my fav...

They both have the same shock package and rear skid. Physically, the only difference is the mountain front end, the skis, and the track (plus little nuisance items here and there like the seat). As far as the 1.6 Cobra, I was extremely disappointed by it for the entire life of my Viper. It always flexed the lugs and never had the same grip as machines I tested and rode with the Backcountry X.

I went with the LE because the SE had the Tuner III skis (which would have been an immediate change) and would have almost negated the $500 price difference.

your viper was a single ply cobra 1.6 - this is a 2 ply - should be better, i like the cobra 1.6 tho, its just not tough enough, and 1.75 is just too much for here - mtx front is only 7" of travel, and a bit smaller width - i like the mtx skiis, those skiis r both real cheap junk..

Back