• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 SRX LE

19SRX

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 srx le
Looking to stud my track on the new SRX LE with the 1" ripsaw track , any ideas on what anyone used on latest sidewinder? Quantities and patterns?

Wow new SRX and no pics? LOL.....Welcome to the site, lots info here just read up.

We all would love to see that blue beauty!

I would likely run 1.325s in a 3 per/row quantity......I tend to like my 2/4/2/4 pattern, lots of stud threads around so check them out.

Dan

Last edited:
Looking to stud my track on the new SRX LE with the 1" ripsaw track , any ideas on what anyone used on latest sidewinder? Quantities and patterns?
1.325 would work great. Don’t forget you need tunnel protectors. They are easy to install.

I have the 3 sidewinders we run studded 144 down the middle. 3 per pitch. I love this setup for trail. Lots of traction but can still get the back loose if I want too.

Wow new SRX and no pics? LOL.....Welcome to the site, lots info here just read up.

We all would love to see that blue beauty!

I would likely run 1.325s in a 3 per/row quantity......I tend to like my 2/4/2/4 pattern, lots of stud threads around so check them out.

Dan,

Don’t you mean 2 per row quantity? I saw your pictures of your studs..I could have sworn you had two singles(2studs) in one row and 2 doubles(4 studs) in the next row...hence 2/4/2/4.

Or am I misunderstanding/misremembering??? Lol.

Dan,

Don’t you mean 2 per row quantity? I saw your pictures of your studs..I could have sworn you had two singles(2studs) in one row and 2 doubles(4 studs) in the next row...hence 2/4/2/4.

Or am I misunderstanding/misremembering??? Lol.
Same amount of studs. Dan runs doubles so he uses the 2/4/2 . I run all singles 3 per row. I just stagger the pattern

Same amount of studs. Dan runs doubles so he uses the 2/4/2 . I run all singles 3 per row. I just stagger the pattern

Oh I get that...I was meaning he said 3 per row, he couldn’t have 3 per row with that pattern?? You could obviously, but I don’t understand how he could have 3 per row?

WELCOME Mr 19!
I'm assuming 19 is your year sled, not your age. I believe you are my age 38. Actually we are both 51, but don't tell anyone.
You need to stay up 'til 2 am for the next week reading as much as you can on TY.
Then you can get serious and start really reading.
If you check the web site twice a day, you can be part of the TyOCDer's club.
If you check it more then 3 times a day......well......you've got problems......the only cure is SNOW!

Last edited:
1.325 would work great. Don’t forget you need tunnel protectors. They are easy to install.

I have the 3 sidewinders we run studded 144 down the middle. 3 per pitch. I love this setup for trail. Lots of traction but can still get the back loose if I want too.
Yeah, I think that s exactly what I need, could you send me a picture of your pattern. Tx man

WELCOME Mr 19!
I'm assuming 19 is your year sled, not your age. I believe you are my age 38. Actually we are both 51, but don't tell anyone.
You need to stay up 'til 2 am for the next week reading as much as you can on TY.
Then you can get serious and start really reading.
If you check the web site twice a day, you can be part of the TYOCDer's club.
If you check it more then 3 times a day......well......you've got problems......the only cure is SNOW!
Lol...Tx for the advice Steve..

Yeah i said 3/row quantity.....easier to total them up.....but the pattern i like is 2/4/2 as I stated.

Ill throw up this pic again....all info is always in my build thread in Sig.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/my-rtx-le-50th-build-thread-rockerdan.149801/page-15#post-1400469

img_0570-jpg.135127

img_0583-jpg.135133

I was thinking we should make ALL Sidewinder newbies read Dan's build thread.
But then no one would have any questions and then i wouldn't be able to say anything ridiculous or stupid.
So i retract my original statement.

Yeah, I think that s exactly what I need, could you send me a picture of your pattern. Tx man
ill take some pics this afternoon. I have studded a few of these sleds now. number one thing is to make sure you don't stud the exact middle of the track. I made an easy jig for laying the pattern down

Back