• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Winder Idler Wheels

PowderFalcon

Pinnin' it!
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder SRX
Hey everyone...

Surfing the thread today and thought i'd throw this out there.

Did anyone with a 2019 winder have any issues with their idlers breaking? All 6 of mine are TOAST!! Not worn out... actually broken right off!!

5000km season. I talked to my dealer who put in a warranty request. Yamaha said "he has studs, we will not cover that". All my studs are torqued and checked frequently. Definitely not studs. Also, what's their excuse for the outside of the skid?? I dont have studs there! The '19 wheels are definitely not as beefy as previous years. They have little contact with the outside rubber.

Not sure what to do here. They are relatively cheap to replace, however I don't want to have to go through this every season. I am considering putting a full set of 2018 wheels on which are a much more robust design.

2 questions...

1. Why did this happen?

2. Replace with 18 or 19 wheels?

side note... rear axle wheels are not looking that great either. Only the top skid wheels are still in good shape. Likely because they are solid.

Hope everyone is having a good summer!

skid1.jpg
skid2.jpg
skid3.jpg
skid5.jpg
skid6.jpg

Attachments

• skid.jpg
    skid.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 451

wow, never seen wheels do that before. seen rubber missing from studs before but not chunks of plastic out like those.

Measure your back wheels supposed to be 8 in, seen some that are now 7 1/2 Lol.

After looking at those hard plastic wheels at the sled show, I wondered if they would stand up to the abuse of running in a skid frame.
Your results seem to prove it. However, I really have not heard of a lot of bit_hen from the guys.

If they fit, I would revert back to 2018 wheels. They seem a lot more forgiving than the hard plastic.

Someone must make an aftermarket kit to use good rubber/plastic wheels for the rear rollers.

I changed my 2018 rear axle out of my SW RTX to a Larsen kit. The new sleds have different skid rails.
MS

Hurricane Performance is just finishing up a kit for the 19s. Give him a shout

I use the 141mm brp wheels on my sled , over 2000 miles and still like new , better quality then Yamaha / arctic crap

I suspect a major alignment problem! some are over 10 oookm here whit no issue. The front outside wheel are extremely solicited and bering need to be changed more often. 6 wheel destroyed like this is not a "quality" issue, chek further. :-/

Any chance your wheels had an unusual amount of ice build on them at some point and then the machine was driven with that ice on them? I'm just throwing this out there as I can't recall ever seeing this type of idler wheel damage.
Also, what are the scratch marks on the upper portion of the front torque arm from I wonder?

Something is messed up brother....

I have seen a few VERY HI MILE 19s and wheels all look perfect. I was specifically wondering about the new wheels on the 19s so I was always asking anyone with very hi miles.

Stud heads chew up my '18 inner wheels too(rubber chunks off) but you have something else going on here IMO.

Dan

My two inner wheels were chewed up as well on '19 Winder. Outers fine. Studded up middle (144) therefore no warranty. Dealer can't put through for warranty w/o photos of track. Looks like new idlers every year if replaced with '19 OEM. Wife has 18 Viper with same track and stud pattern but double the kms and all idlers are good. As presumed earlier, 18 idler wheels might be better quality than 19's.

Why not 2017 wheels ?

J&T Products has the heavy duty rear axle kit for the new sleds. The new wheels use a skinny bearing so trying to use older wheels will be a problem. We have a kit with a new longer axle with our stealth wheels thats super duty. Also we made the spacers from billet as well. Its all aluminum with no plastic being reused. We have then for the 7.12 ZR midels as well as the 8 inch XF's. The summer sucks sale is in effect at $30.00 off thru summer. $220 for 129's and $250 for 137's. This is the best kit we ever had and will take all abuse of cross country racing. And as always comes with life time replacement of the axle if anything should happen. FYI there will be no more anodized parts unless its from out on hand stock. The pic is for reference only. It is a kit from a 18 but looks close to the same.

Attachments

• 8.4 big wheel kit XF3.JPG
    8.4 big wheel kit XF3.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 427
1200 miles on my 19 and the rear axle wheels are squared off from the studs I'm guessing, I can only find the 8"all plastics wheels for replacement.

Back