• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Yamaha Snowmobiles – Be ready when the flag drops!!!

Actually I guess it's kind of a Yam version of a Norseman 6000.

And the biggest middle finger to the Yamaha faithful, it's a yamaha in a cat chassis with a cat engine. Oh dear lord the world is ending, I have seen it all. And I was digging the black and blue colors!!

2019-Yamaha-MP600-SE-EU-Yamaha-Black-Detail-001.jpg

Last edited:
So for you Yamaha purists, what would you think if Textron spun off the arctic cat sled division to Yamaha Snowmobiles? Making it only Yamaha, Doo, and Polaris? I could see this shortly. Textron bought Cat for only 247 million dollars. Gaining dealerships, manufacturing, a supply chain etc to sell the summer toys. In return Yamaha doesn' have to buy the entire Cat product line and dead weight when they already have great jet skis, side by sides, motorcycles etc. Now to offset the 247 million price tag Yamaha buys the cat snowmobile division and uses their suspensions etc, but with their motors etc.... win win for Textron and Yamaha feasting on the Carcass that was arctic cat. Watch and see... . Cheapest way to buy engineering, dealerships, and gain market share is to do a savage split of what was a company's assets

Time will tell but I've been almost dead on for a few years

What would Yamaha be feasting on?
Blown chain cases and jackshafts or how about
Crack and splits tunnels.
No thanks. Get rid of them.
And go back to their roots and start fresh all over again. Clean sheet and crayons.

So for you Yamaha purists, what would you think if Textron spun off the arctic cat sled division to Yamaha Snowmobiles? Making it only Yamaha, Doo, and Polaris? I could see this shortly. Textron bought Cat for only 247 million dollars. Gaining dealerships, manufacturing, a supply chain etc to sell the summer toys. In return Yamaha doesn' have to buy the entire Cat product line and dead weight when they already have great jet skis, side by sides, motorcycles etc. Now to offset the 247 million price tag Yamaha buys the cat snowmobile division and uses their suspensions etc, but with their motors etc.... win win for Textron and Yamaha feasting on the Carcass that was arctic cat. Watch and see... . Cheapest way to buy engineering, dealerships, and gain market share is to do a savage split of what was a company's assets

Time will tell but I've been almost dead on for a few years

Personally I like this idea. But if it were me I would keep the AC brand alive so I could get back into the 2 stroke market and maintain the Yamaha brand as the 4 stroke only. Still have common chassis and suspension components to keep costs under control.

Extremely disappointed in the 2019 lineup. Trust me, I get it and understand why they are not releasing more than a couple "in-season" models and are selling only "Spring Buy" editions due to unsold models. But it troubles me they have unsold models. Where I ride, Ski-Doo and Polaris can't keep snowmobiles in stock, whether it's the spring or in-season models. Also, those two brands have released multiple new technologies, engines, and chassis over the last few years where Yamaha has kept everything pretty standard (two new engines in an Arctic Cat chassis and a new suspension in the "true" Japan models). If they had developed technology to compete with the equipment coming out of their competitors and really swayed people into their models, then maybe they wouldn't be facing this inventory overhead. Instead, they've had issues with clutching, SindWinder belts blowing, awful ECUs in the Viper, and so many other problems (then again, maybe that's why I'm moving onto Team Yellow for 2019).

Skip the Textron purchase and just buy All the FAST patents and work from there. Get the Karpik's on board and fire up the design team! A Fast Blade's frame made out of Yamaha's Plastic reinforced carbon resin with a turbo twin 847CC 4- stroke !! A revamped R>A>D> front end and a M-20 Airwave out back . I see something better than Textron!! :beer:

Skip the Textron purchase and just buy All the FAST patents and work from there. Get the Karpik's on board and fire up the design team! A Fast Blade's frame made out of Yamaha's Plastic reinforced carbon resin with a turbo twin 847CC 4- stroke !! A revamped R>A>D> front end and a M-20 Airwave out back . I see something better than Textron!! :beer:
I believe the Karpik's are on board, what do you think Yamaha hired them for?

I believe the Karpik's are on board, what do you think Yamaha hired them for?
Does anybody on here know the Karpiks? If so try to find out if they are still working for Yamaha as of yesterday! It just might give us just a little bit of hope for the future!

And the biggest middle finger to the Yamaha faithful, it's a yamaha in a cat chassis with a cat engine. Oh dear lord the world is ending, I have seen it all. And I was digging the black and blue colors!!

2019-Yamaha-MP600-SE-EU-Yamaha-Black-Detail-001.jpg
Yes ,and what is this telling you about Yamaha! A Cat chassi with a Cat motor and they calling it a Yamaha? hahaha with this i lost i my faith in Yamaha! And i think with this stunt they dont give a sh..t about the Yamaha faithful!

Yes ,and what is this telling you about Yamaha! A Cat chassi with a Cat motor and they calling it a Yamaha? hahaha with this i lost i my faith in Yamaha! And i think with this stunt they dont give a sh..t about the Yamaha faithful!
Perhaps Textron already sold Yamaha the cat sled division.

Publicly traded companies would have to go through plenty of motions that are nearly impossible to keep out of the public's eye. We would have known if that had happened well before the ink had dried.

Back