• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Yamaha Snowmobiles – Be ready when the flag drops!!!

They both sound similar.

I must have listened to it to many times, but I think we are listening to the 4 cylinder in the first sled across the line!

It is a 4 stroke, It says it right on the side panel...just saying that they sound very similar is all.

Looks like a run between old and new srx.Like the colours, Too bad i was hoping for a reboot of a vmax 4 with the 4 cyl apex engine lol. should be cool either way.

Either way....it’s exciting! Sure could use a little fantasy right about now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is some more pictures. Check out the aerial picture on the left
https://www.facebook.com/JustSnowmobiles/posts/2024094611190097
Wider front, lower stance, modern suspension... Only show four stroke badge on the one on the left????? Teasing us

4th picture down that's a Cat chassis for sure. The cut outs on the running board are also Cat style, however there are differences from the current ProCross models. Is an updated PC chassis coming? Possibly. AC introduces their models first so we might get an early taste of what's to come.

Looks like it is called an FXR
I recall when they first brought out the RX-1, they ran it head to head against the SRX. The sled on the left is obviously a early 2000's SRX
My guess is this sled is the Viper re-tooled with updated triple(with a new name), or a new model with possibly a four cylinder. If that's the case, hopefully it is a more modern mill with more power.
Maybe power steering, that would be nice.

Well my educated guess is that this new lake racer will be a naturally aspirated version of the R1 motor. Yamaha is going to go and bring back the days of big HP, and the claim of The "UNDISPUTED" king of snowmobiles. Well that would mean a big HP lake racer that is naturally aspirated in my opinion. Only time will tell.... I was really expecting a new Phazer this year or a cruiser like the Vector to fill that dated lineup, but it seams like Yamaha still needs to make some noise in the market to gain some more market share. Nothing makes more noise than Horsepower ......

lots of possibilities. Old VS new for sure. But if that is a SRX on the left and a New SRX on the right it kicked the crap out of the one on the left. Could just be a Sidewinder in a SRX package. Lower stance, higher boost, and the new Undisputed King of the lake.... Maybe a boosted 4 CYL. We will all see soon enough. Heres to hoping for Blue to stand strong again.

I'm not so sure if that is the old SRX chassis, when the two riders are lined up the ride height of the two riders on both machines are very close to the same, the pro cross chassis and rider forward seating position would tower the old SRX chassis, the rider on the left is sitting on a rider forward chassis, we may be looking at a new chassis for Yamaha only, it will not be part of the 2019 Cat line up, that's why the later release to debut the new pure Yamaha chassis, developed by their new team of engineers out of their new head quarters, of course i'm hoping this is what's happening.

I'm not so sure if that is the old SRX chassis, when the two riders are lined up the ride height of the two riders on both machines are very close to the same, the pro cross chassis and rider forward seating position would tower the old SRX chassis, the rider on the left is sitting on a rider forward chassis, we may be looking at a new chassis for Yamaha only, it will not be part of the 2019 Cat line up, that's why the later release to debut the new pure Yamaha chassis, developed by their new team of engineers out of their new head quarters, of course i'm hoping this is what's happening.
I've seen enough SRX's to know that the sled on the left is one.
Here's my guess. The Viper will remain, but may even have the displacement reduced to 998. It is the 130hp class sled. The sled on the right is the Cat chassis with the Apex 4 cylinder fitted(hopefully an updated version with 10 more hp than the current Apex). Like to see power steering on it too. It will be the 160-170hp class sled. The Winder carries on as top dog 200hp.

New Cat. Yuck.
9ce9d98a2188ab3721ff934eef8ec14d.jpg
44e831fec3151b37fb345bd43c656bc4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen enough SRX's to know that the sled on the left is one.
Here's my guess. The Viper will remain, but may even have the displacement reduced to 998. It is the 130hp class sled. The sled on the right is the Cat chassis with the Apex 4 cylinder fitted(hopefully an updated version with 10 more hp than the current Apex). Like to see power steering on it too. It will be the 160-170hp class sled. The Winder carries on as top dog 200hp.
Maybe,.. it would be major surgery to put the apex motor in a pro cross, my guess is that it is a SRX on the left.. just the new version of it in SRX fashion, not sure of the engine that's in it is retuned viper engine or all new, the one on the right is the updated sidewinder with new stickers.

Back