• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Yamaha Snowmobiles – Be ready when the flag drops!!!

New Cat. Yuck.
9ce9d98a2188ab3721ff934eef8ec14d.jpg
44e831fec3151b37fb345bd43c656bc4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Notice the kill switch.

lol, The apex motor is never coming back in a sled.

The new SRX will prob be like the thundercat. A sidewinder with srx stickers and graphics. You guys have to remember that Yamaha now sells 5000 sleds a year give or take. Peanuts in the grand scheme of thing.

Yamaha prob makes money off golf carts than they do sleds. They prob make more off clarinets than sleds, lol

lol, The apex motor is never coming back in a sled.

The new SRX will prob be like the thundercat. A sidewinder with srx stickers and graphics. You guys have to remember that Yamaha now sells 5000 sleds a year give or take. Peanuts in the grand scheme of thing.

Yamaha prob makes money off golf carts than they do sleds. They prob make more off clarinets than sleds, lol
LOL, You could be right

Sounds like a "new" SRX with lowered suspension and 1" track like the thunder cat, not sure if it will get the iACT or not. Otherwise, sounds like a pretty good update on the old srx, low stance and tons of power!
I'm interested to see if Yamaha gets the alpha rear suspension, and how it holds up. Sounds like a great idea and looks alot like a snowbike track, just hope it doesn't twist or bend too easily.

Sounds like a "new" SRX with lowered suspension and 1" track like the thunder cat, not sure if it will get the iACT or not.

and single carbides skis (probably) and the new Arctic Cat switches... Oh well another year of YamaCats.

2e79a0840e15dac5ff2b3efa9881161b.jpg

Is that a cruise control button. :)

Ski-doo and Polaris both have their reverse button on the left. It drives me nuts every time I ride my dads viper the reverse button is annoying even with thin gloves on.

I see that on the Thundercat they switch the track to a 1", and left the regular ZR, and RR to a 1.25. Along with adding iACT for electronic adjustable Fox shocks, like we used to have on the Apex many years ago. I'm hoping these are not little things they are claiming as a newer sled from Yamaha with a lower stance..... It's not new to me without a new motor, or totally redesigned chassis.

Either way I just heard from a factory source, and a vendor that Yamaha is cutting production way down next year on the sleds. With these crappy winters I really don't blame them. Just crazy that Yamaha can go from controlling the market when Ski Doo was down many years ago, and now the roles are reversed. You either need to eat crow, or compete as hard as you can to beat them at their own game. Control the magazines, advertise, give the mass what they want, reinvent the market, bring out new technology that makes snowmobiling fun, lighten things up, and attack your competitors at the track, mountain, trail, and snow shows to stay on top

Last edited:
I see that on the Thundercat they switch the track to a 1", and left the regular ZR, and RR to a 1.25. Along with adding iACT for electronic adjustable Fox shocks, like we used to have on the Apex many years ago. I'm hoping these are not little things they are claiming as a newer sled from Yamaha with a lower stance..... It's not new to me without a new motor, or totally redesigned chassis.

Either way I just heard from a factory source, and a vendor that Yamaha is cutting production way down next year on the sleds. With these crappy winters I really don't blame them. Just crazy that Yamaha can go from controlling the market when Ski Doo was down many years ago, and now the roles are reversed. You either need to eat crow, or grow a set and compete as hard as you can to beat them at their own game. Control the magazines, advertise, give the mass what they want, reinvent the market, bring out new technology that makes snowmobiling fun, lighten things up, and attack your competitors at the track, mountain, trail, and snow shows to stay on top

Go post that on your Yamaha snowmobiles North America Facebook. Lol

This is giving me flashbacks of the Dodge Demon intro.

Where's my wallet??? Lol! Oh, nothing there. Damn......

Chassis Overall Length (in.) 125.75
Chassis Overall Width (in.) 47.75
Chassis Overall Height (in.) 51.12
Estimated Dry Weight (lbs.) 603
Track Type Ripsaw
Track Width (in.) 15
Track Length (in.) 137
Lug (in.) 1.00
Pitch (in.) 2.86
Ski Stance (in.) 42-43 Adjustable
Ski Type / Width (in) ProCross - 6
Runner Type Single runner w/carbide

Front Suspension Arctic Race Suspension with sway bar and interactive Arctic Cat Technology Suspension
Ski Shocks FOX 1.5 ZERO iQS
Front Travel (in.) 10
Rear Suspension SLIDE-ACTION with 3 wheel rear axle assembly, coupling blocks, Torque-Sensing Link rear arm, adjustable torsion springs, and interactive Arctic Cat Technology Suspension
Front Track Shock Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
Rear Track Shock FOX 2.0 ZERO iQS
Rear Travel (in.) 13.5

From the new 2019 Thundercat link
https://www.arcticcat.com/snow/snowmobiles/model/2019-en-zr-9000-thundercat-137-iact/

Here is a picture of the new rear on the Thundercat

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1519729280652.jpg
    FB_IMG_1519729280652.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 204
Estimated dry weight of 603lbs??? She’s gona feel heavy with a full tank of fuel and an engine full of oil...and a bit of coolant.

Chassis Overall Length (in.) 125.75
Chassis Overall Width (in.) 47.75
Chassis Overall Height (in.) 51.12
Estimated Dry Weight (lbs.) 603
Track Type Ripsaw
Track Width (in.) 15
Track Length (in.) 137
Lug (in.) 1.00
Pitch (in.) 2.86
Ski Stance (in.) 42-43 Adjustable
Ski Type / Width (in) ProCross - 6
Runner Type Single runner w/carbide

Front Suspension Arctic Race Suspension with sway bar and interactive Arctic Cat Technology Suspension
Ski Shocks FOX 1.5 ZERO iQS
Front Travel (in.) 10
Rear Suspension SLIDE-ACTION with 3 wheel rear axle assembly, coupling blocks, Torque-Sensing Link rear arm, adjustable torsion springs, and interactive Arctic Cat Technology Suspension
Front Track Shock Arctic Cat IFP 1.5
Rear Track Shock FOX 2.0 ZERO iQS
Rear Travel (in.) 13.5

From the new 2019 Thundercat link
https://www.arcticcat.com/snow/snowmobiles/model/2019-en-zr-9000-thundercat-137-iact/

Here is a picture of the new rear on the Thundercat

Where does it say this is lowered like an SRX?

Back