• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Front end

putz21

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'23 Sidewinder LTX LE w/EPS
‘19 Sidewinder LTX SE
I got the new 2020 parts for the front end and put them on. It was good timing as I had my shocks already off to be rebuilt.

Looking forward to see what type of improvement this may make as already liked the front end.

Front end 2.JPG
front end 1.JPG

2020 front end parts are already available to the public as a direct bolt on?

I believe, after watching how the 2019 cat racer compared to the 2018 this past year, that this new front end will be significantly better. they seemed to turn better and stay flatter in the curves and bumps! On a side note I heard Cat will not have a new race sled for 2019/2020. Also No factory team. The big privateer teams like Woodys and Christian Bros will be running the 2018/2019 sled.

What parts are required to make the upgrade to 2020 specs?

I worry about the extra leverage that will be put on upper arm mounts since both mine cracked bulkhead with old arms which are shorter below lower arm. Also this has to effect the rear suspension also. No differently than having dollies under the skis. Maybe all this was accounted for with the new sleds? Maybe not. Sure interests me too if it works well.

I worry about the extra leverage that will be put on upper arm mounts since both mine cracked bulkhead with old arms which are shorter below lower arm. Also this has to effect the rear suspension also. No differently than having dollies under the skis. Maybe all this was accounted for with the new sleds? Maybe not. Sure interests me too if it works well.
I ordered a 2020 sidwinder and was wondering if they allowed for the longer spindles somewhere, like relocated the rear suspension mounting locations or something? Watching videos they seem to still lift the skis. Otherwise your just driving the skis 1" deeper in the snow

The reviews from all the magazines were very good. Many saying they were shocked how much it improved the ride. One even wrote that the Tuner ski's work far better then they did with old front end.

Will be a nice evolution for this chassie IMO.

Dan

I thought I heard they changed something with the rear suspension as well to coincide with the front end .

I ordered a 2020 sidwinder and was wondering if they allowed for the longer spindles somewhere, like relocated the rear suspension mounting locations or something? Watching videos they seem to still lift the skis. Otherwise your just driving the skis 1" deeper in the snow
I agree in loose snow you are just driving skis deeper but what about set up trails or ice? It’s crazy what effect on rear lifting skis has. How many times have people thought their rear shocks were shot since sled collapsed in back only to find out they had dollies under skis! Then again we are never riding on level surface anyway and track inertia is huge also when moving. Only way to know how it works is to ride it!

I agree in loose snow you are just driving skis deeper but what about set up trails or ice? It’s crazy what effect on rear lifting skis has. How many times have people thought their rear shocks were shot since sled collapsed in back only to find out they had dollies under skis! Then again we are never riding on level surface anyway and track inertia is huge also when moving. Only way to know how it works is to ride it!
Agreed! Must be some different geometry going on! Have to take measurements on the new set up. Wonder if the the skid is mounted lower in the front to even things out?

So did you order cat parts of yamaha? What part number for spindles? Shocked if yamaha has parts fich out already for the 20’s. Need to get my hands on new spindles to start working on some MPS arm to fit.

Back