• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yamaha sleds were at Snow Shoot out in West Yellowstone all week for the media to ride the new models. Much of snow shoot is in private areas around the city that require credentials, but to get to some of those areas you need to take the actual trail system. We were out there last week and they had a freshly groomed track alongside the road to the airport just north of town that was roped off and marked "Snow shoot participants only". More than likely this picture was taken on the trail system a few miles outside of town by a random snowmobiler.

Some interesting comments from one of the amsnow test riders Screenshot_20190303-013014_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20190303-013014_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190303-013030_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-013042_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-013042_Facebook.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 603
I’m on Vacation sking in Idaho and I’m still looking at the post for new info !! It’s kind of fun checking in for updates .

Attachments

• C812E495-32BF-4DEA-8F08-B0B3542316F1.jpeg
    C812E495-32BF-4DEA-8F08-B0B3542316F1.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 475
Last day on Vacation been scouting around for the new YAMAHA but haven’t had much luck
77FA57F9-F04A-4333-BC36-7985095A8A1D.jpeg

I’m on Vacation sking in Idaho and I’m still looking at the post for new info !! It’s kind of fun checking in for updates .
Skiing! Is your sled broken?

Skiing! Is your sled broken?
Yes starter went out ! But my daugther lives in Boise Idaho . I’ve skied for 40 years it’s my second favorite winter sport. But it’s 50 degrees in the valley so we are golfing also

Attachments

• E442157C-93E4-44EF-872B-40892FD0E668.jpeg
    E442157C-93E4-44EF-872B-40892FD0E668.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 290
The demand for riders wanting longer tracks on the trails have EXPLODED the crossover market.
Currently the top DOG was the Polaris assault 144. Excellent trail front with flotation when needed.
So Skidoo releases new models, Cat brings the Riot with and updated 800 to compete.
So what’s Yamaha’s answer!!!
Well let’s see....
Only advantage they have over the rest is the 998 turbo motor.
So your going to get a rebranded RIOT with a turbo 4stroke.
That’s the only way Yamaha can compete at this point in that market.

As far as TRAIL 4stroke snowmobiles
They need to go after the Ace motors
but quick. Not everyone wants a 200hp rocket.
Bring a vector style motor with 3 driving modes, gets insane MPG’S and with a engine mapping system that starts like a SWISS WATCH no matter the temperature outside.
There Viper project IMO was a disaster that put them behind in this particular market.

The demand for riders wanting longer tracks on the trails have EXPLODED the crossover market.
Currently the top DOG was the Polaris assault 144. Excellent trail front with flotation when needed.
So Skidoo releases new models, Cat brings the Riot with and updated 800 to compete.
Well let’s see....

Bring a vector style motor with 3 driving modes, gets insane MPG’S and with a engine mapping system that starts like a SWISS WATCH no matter the temperature outside.
There Viper project IMO was a disaster that put them behind in this particular market.
The viper was the vector engine that you are referring to......

Well let’s see....

I was impressed that My two Vectors. Both XTX got 70 miles on half a tank recently. And we were not putting down the trails! They just need better rear shocks!

The viper was the vector engine that you are referring to......
Sort of, it’s the nytro engine. Different cams and valve springs than the Vector. Also the Viper has the crappy Cat ecu instead of the Mitsubishi that the vector, nytro use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back