• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping something completely new would have been released but I still have a little bit of hope one day it will be made but I’m not gonna give up on Yamaha and after going to my dealer yesterday ( both Cat and Yamaha ) I was really thinking hard about it last night and went back this afternoon and bought a 2018 Vector they had left over couldn’t pass up the price, it’s still new, I’ve always liked the looks of the Delta box body style and it’s a true Yamaha picking it up right away when they open

So I am Apex loyal, however I think what they released is a step in the right direction. Last years you could only spring order, this year you will have in-season sales. There are more offerings, and the fastest 2 up in the business. And a couple two smokes if that is what blows your skirt up.
So to sum things up 2019 had 4 trail sleds, 2020 6 sleds.
Crossovers stayed the same at 3.
Mountain, well we know how that went, buy a AC Riot 2 smoke, but order by the 15th as all AC spring order only!
Touring utility 2019 1 sled, 2020 5 sleds
Youth no change other then I like the colors on the 2019
So if what was posted above is true, Yamaha may buy AC and bury the name and have a very good line up with now Yamaha procross chassis

I was really hoping something completely new would have been released but I still have a little bit of hope one day it will be made but I’m not gonna give up on Yamaha and after going to my dealer yesterday ( both Cat and Yamaha ) I was really thinking hard about it last night and went back this afternoon and bought a 2018 Vector they had left over couldn’t pass up the price, it’s still new, I’ve always liked the looks of the Delta box body style and it’s a true Yamaha picking it up right away when they open
Congrats on the Vector, they are a good sled, lots of updates were done on this sled, you should be happy with it, and it will out run the Viper, good on fuel and will last along trouble free time, you were lucky to find one, enjoy...ps..post some pictures when you get her home.

Last years you could only spring order, this year you will have in-season sales. There are more offerings, and the fastest 2 up in the business. And a couple two smokes if that is what blows your skirt up.

Which sled are you referring to?

Which sled are you referring to?
Not quite sure what your asking, let me try and sum it up.
2019 Yamaha was spring order only like the 2020 Cats. 2020 Yamaha has some spring order and in-season order.
The two smokes are the VK540 and 600 Transporter

Those wanting a light weight mountain 2 stroke this one looks sweet. The market is flooded with these in nice shape and a little work and poof
phazer.jpg

Not quite sure what your asking, let me try and sum it up.
2019 Yamaha was spring order only like the 2020 Cats. 2020 Yamaha has some spring order and in-season order.
The two smokes are the VK540 and 600 Transporter

In your post, I read it that you eluded to Yamaha having the fastest 2-up sled in the business. What sled would that be? Because right now, I think that goes to Skidoo's Grand Touring with the ACE Turbo.

Those ace turbos are slow. Talked with a few guys on the trail this year and they’re not too impressed with them.

I think what he was referring to was the STX GT. It has the turbo, which would make it the fastest 2up sled

Those wanting a light weight mountain 2 stroke this one looks sweet. The market is flooded with these in nice shape and a little work and poof
View attachment 147119
And those old phasers and xlv 540s work very good with 144-163 2” tracks on them. I had an xlv 144 and a few guys I know would build them with longer skids and they really do work. Very light, all for the low price of around $3k

I have read on this site many times that Yamaha is not interested in purchasing AC and Yamaha is happy making money selling 998T engines to AC. Why would Yamaha want to buy the two stroke business from AC. Two strokes are junk throw away engines that are certain to shorten your life expectancy from smoke inhalation. If Yamaha does buy AC, then what? Yamaha can’t build a chassis or suspension that’s any good so why try. We will have to accept current offering forever. It’s too expensive for Yamaha to do R&D and people are happy with their Yamaha sleds so why should Yamaha try to make them better. We should just be thankful we have the chance to buy a Sled with a Yamaha sticker on it.

Sidewinder 2up would be fast. Old phazer might be light and powerful, but has to be one of the ugliest sled ever made. Looks like a door stopper

900Ace wasnt meant to be super fast, but i bet you can up the boost for more power. Doo has the 850 for the speedsters. Cant be any worse than a Viper. Without a turbo, they are turds

Really i can't believe some of you guys on this forum I'm pretty sure there was numerous people that tried to tell you all not to expect anything more than BNG. I don't know what you expect from Yamaha i doubt that they are going to stop making snowmobiles. So if you don't like the direction they are heading keep driving your Apexs and Vectors or maybe some still have a old 2 strokes. Or maybe you could go by a cheap disposable 600 Ski Doo but please quit complaining and give it a rest getting very old. No matter what some of you think there are a lot of happy Yamaha owners out there.

Hey TPAY243...you are right, but we just want to believe...that's all. I'm a very happy Yamaha owner. Wish I was able to keep them all over the years, but had to sell some of them to make room. Ill keep driving my vintage sleds and my Apex and Vector. My latest is a few years old...just waiting for some new iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back