• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Sled Season

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
With winter coming to the end how was your sled season. Did you get lots of snow. Did the groomers keep the trails in good shape. How many miles/kilometers did you put on?

Myself I only got out twice, one trip in Mid Feb to Upper Michigan....trails and snow conditions were good and one trip first week of March to Algonquin Park Ontario....trails and snow conditions were excellent. Put on about 600 KM each trip.

I rode every weekend since NewYears weekend till now. I don't think I will ride this coming weekend. Bums me out. Due to grooming a lot I only got a one day ride in right from house. But that's okay I waited till trails were prime! No breakdowns that caused walking! No crashes. #1 rode with a lot of new and old friends and both my Daughters. Most of my rides started in WI and went to UP or close. so I know this year I put more mi on sled than I did on truck. I also had to do a few solo trips. One was 675mi. Enjoyable and fine tuned my sled while riding. Sad to see it end and did not meet my goal of 18000 on it but it's ok. Lot of great Memories!

I rode every weekend since NewYears weekend till now. I don't think I will ride this coming weekend. Bums me out. Due to grooming a lot I only got a one day ride in right from house. But that's okay I waited till trails were prime! No breakdowns that caused walking! No crashes. #1 rode with a lot of new and old friends and both my Daughters. Most of my rides started in WI and went to UP or close. so I know this year I put more mi on sled than I did on truck. I also had to do a few solo trips. One was 675mi. Enjoyable and fine tuned my sled while riding. Sad to see it end and did not meet my goal of 18000 on it but it's ok. Lot of great Memories!

Sounds like a great winter for you !!
I am a avid hunter and ice fisherman so I burn holidays enjoying those sports also.
Retirement isn't far away now so hoping to sled more at my buddies cabin at Algonquin Park in the near future. Enjoy the summer cant wait for next winter

With winter coming to the end how was your sled season. Did you get lots of snow. Did the groomers keep the trails in good shape. How many miles/kilometers did you put on?

Myself I only got out twice, one trip in Mid Feb to Upper Michigan....trails and snow conditions were good and one trip first week of March to Algonquin Park Ontario....trails and snow conditions were excellent. Put on about 600 KM each trip.
Just shy of 2,000 trail miles for me this year. Not bad for a farmer from central Indiana that has to drive 600+ miles each way. My Apex turned 10,000 miles last week.

I put over 3,600 miles on my truck driving to Michigan and back, three times this winter. My mileage to drive vs. mileage to ride is way off! That's what you do for what you love.

20200305_124700.jpg
20200305_142454.jpg

See for yourself!

About 900 miles for me this season.

Excellent thread topic!! I bought my used Yamaha with 1629 miles this year. It currently stands at 3015 which looks like all she wrote for this year, according to the current forecast. So just shy of 1400 miles in NY. My ski doo I put on 1086 miles on in Quebec this year with hopefully one more solid trip up. The best part of all this was my Son got to put on 1200 of the 1400 miles here on NY trails with the old man. The other 200 he had to sit out with a nasty cold. There is nothing quite like watching your son grow up and mature enough to "keep up" with the old man on an all day adventure. It was a bad but awesome winter here. Bad from the standpoint that it didn't kick in until the tail end of January and lasted only until end of Febuary. Awesome from the standpoint that every time it got cold and snowed the groomers were out and I had the day off or it was a weekend. The planets aligned perfectly for me this winter!!
Sled 4.jpg
Sleds 1.jpg
Sleds 2.jpg
Sled 3.jpg

Sled 5.jpg

Last edited:
Only about 400 miles so far, but it's mostly all mountain riding so we don't clock the mileage that you guys in the mid-west and east do. The good news is the snow pack is looking decent, so hopefully we can ride into May, or possibly June. Mainly depends on how cold/wet spring we get as far as the snow pack is concerned.

Just shy of 1500mi this year. Missed 3 weekends in a row:( didnt like that.
09 Nytro has 11870 miles now.
All Wisconsin riding!!
More to come next season!!
:4STroke::yam:

This sport is the biggest waste of my money but I love it an will ride till I cant!!
My parents sold there Apex’s this fall @ 79yrs of age. Snow birds now!!

Back