• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SnoScoot 200 only goes 12mph

YamaCat_2014

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat 7000
Wonder if anyone else has had this issue or know what I can do to fix the issue.

Currently the sled won't go over 12mph with my 7 year old on it. I found some service manuals and it shows and references the governor arm, however there is not one of this sled, I believe the 2020's engines are a little different.

The throttle cables goes directly to the carburator, I check and at WOT the carburator butterfly mechanism was almost at the hard stop, I adjusted the cable tension and got it to completely open up, however it didn't seem to make a dramatic improvement.

Not sure what else to check, makes me lean towards a clutching issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you check the fuel line?
Some had a kink in them, somewhere between the battery and the engine.

Yeah I doubled checked and fuel line looked fine.

I got my big 265lbs body on it and found 1/3 throttle to full throttle there was no change, starting to question the carburator.

Figured out the issue.. the carburator slide was not moving when giving it gas while running, since it operated by vacuum I pulled the top of the carburator off and found the rubber gasket used for the slide wasn't pully seated from the factory and had a gap. Once I reinstalled it the slide is operating and has tons of power!

My 2021 Scoot has trouble idling and loses power... unless I put the choke on. Then it runs pretty well. Ideas?

My 2021 Scoot has trouble idling and loses power... unless I put the choke on. Then it runs pretty well. Ideas?

Seems like a fuel delivery issue, maybe fuel filter? If it's a 2021 it should be under warranty I would think

My Sons 2021 Scoot runs fine with track lifted but once he is on it seems to bog down and will only go about 12mph. Carb cleaned and plug changed. Would it be a clutch issue? It ran great for the first season of riding issues just popped up this week. Any help appreciated thanks.

My Sons 2021 Scoot runs fine with track lifted but once he is on it seems to bog down and will only go about 12mph. Carb cleaned and plug changed. Would it be a clutch issue? It ran great for the first season of riding issues just popped up this week. Any help appreciated thanks.
My daughters snoscoot has the same issue I haven’t found a solution yet but I will go through the clutches once I install her speedwerx clutch kit.

Any luck with this issue?

recmotor.com and / or Speedworx. Those things are set up for 4 year old that's never ridden and will be USELESS for anyone that thinks they are riding trails with their kids. Gear change, clutch shim, adjustable jetting kit, clips and graphite slides and you'll see 32 - 34 mph, which makes riding doable. Otherwise, plan on the kid getting really bored, really fast, and losing interest in snowmobiling, which is why you always see them for sale saying "barely used," (because they were actually barely used). They also sell a high-compression head and piston, which probably gets it closer to 40, good for racing, but probably not needed for trail at the age that fits that sled. Probably an extra $800 in parts, but definitely worth it.

Back