• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SRX Sidewinder

I believe that 2020's and newer sleds come with a heated roll over valve, from what I have read on this site is that when the sled is cold the ROV can freeze up and you need to turn the key on and let the ROV heat up for 1 minute before turning over the sled. That gives the ROV time to defrost and avoid the quick high pressure to build up in the tank and blow out the sealant gasket. It's kinda hard to remember to leave the key on for a minute when you're psyched to get going.
Feels like you might as well leave the key on for a day before turning it over, that is how I feel about leaving it on for a minute lol

I think the design SUCKS!!!!!
I do know of many cars that have similar issues cuz of this same thing, but NO sleds.
Mine leaked 3 times with 3 different dealers.

Once i did it right, it never leaked again.
When my friend tried to pull it off, it was A LOT of work.
The good Black Stuff works like glue.

Not ALL leaks were caused by stuck ROV, but that was a contributing factor i believe.
The Heated ROV is a band-aid to a HORRIBLE design.
Then again, i don't think Yamaha has a say in these designs so they came up with the Heated ROV to at least eliminate it freezing.

P.S:
I'm hoping to go ride with STAIN this year in VT, but the first thing we're gonna do is roll around on the ground until we come to an agreement about this SUCKY design. LOL

Mine leaked within a few weeks of bringing sled home, zero miles, most of them are not put together right , with the good stuff, from factory

Clean it with solvent. Use Permatex Right Stuff. Stick it together laying flat. Don't torque it until a few hours later. It will never come apart again.
That’s what I used but at the time I didn’t know about waiting to torque it down, maybe I got lucky but it hasn’t leaked yet.

Sorry to hear about all your oil leaks. Everyone has their opinion and mine is, it is a terrible design. It really comes down to quality too. This sled is not reliable. Cheap hose clamps everywhere. They are going to loosen and leak. I have almost 4000 miles on my 2020 SRX and it can't make it through a season without problems. I had not had a leak all season and was actually thinking I made it a season without a problem and then it left me stranded Saturday on a lake 80 miles from my trailer. Something in the chain case this time, (yes my sleds are all well maintained with a lot of preventative maintenance). It's been trouble since day 1 ..... but I love it when she's working well and not pissing on my shop floor. I expected this, That's why I kept my 2018 MXZX 850 after spring checking my SRX...because I bought an Arctic Cat. I haven't missed any weekends thanks to the Doo but I always miss the SRX. Sorry for venting on your thread, I just hate being stranded.

Can you tell me, Does the BOP gasket really work? Any seepage at all? Who has it and how long has it lasted. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about all your oil leaks. Everyone has their opinion and mine is, it is a terrible design. It really comes down to quality too. This sled is not reliable. Cheap hose clamps everywhere. They are going to loosen and leak. I have almost 4000 miles on my 2020 SRX and it can't make it through a season without problems. I had not had a leak all season and was actually thinking I made it a season without a problem and then it left me stranded Saturday on a lake 80 miles from my trailer. Something in the chain case this time, (yes my sleds are all well maintained with a lot of preventative maintenance). It's been trouble since day 1 ..... but I love it when she's working well and not pissing on my shop floor. I expected this, That's why I kept my 2018 MXZX 850 after spring checking my SRX...because I bought an Arctic Cat. I haven't missed any weekends thanks to the Doo but I always miss the SRX. Sorry for venting on your thread, I just hate being stranded.

Can you tell me, Does the BOP gasket really work? Any seepage at all? Who has it and how long has it lasted. Thanks.
I followed Travis' instructions exactly, even to picking up an inch pound torque wrench, and setting to 72 inch pounds. I trimmed it like he said so it sat perfectly, used no sealants, and its been bone dry for about a thousand miles. I see no reason why it would leak with his gasket. Compresses into the groove nicely. Still, rough surface and dumb design imo.

Did you weld the set screws holding the tensioner roller?

Back