• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 SRX THROTTLES STICKING

gsxr

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 SRX
TWO 2020 NEW SRX 's , last week in Quebec , was cold - 15 / -27 c , each morning throttles where stuck, When pulled stuck wide open! code sd84 many times mostly as day got colder ! Suspension module only worked for IQS when above -15 c , right grip heater quit on one. Allways in heated garage since new and covered at night when away! Also a wierd woop , woop , woop noise sometimes at idle comes and goes on both , no idea what that is !!!!! other than that, awesome ride , fast and fun !

I was also in Quebec with -25c temp breaking in my 2020 ltx gt and didn’t experience throttle sticking/freezing, just a thought considering both are doing this maybe the dealer sprayed something on the throttle linkage and it’s freezing up.

That noise you are hearing could be the gas tank venting, I noticed my makes some weird noise too..

Last edited:
Thanks , dealer says no spray or wash , throttles sticking wide open scary ! noise is when idling ????

Wide open is scary for sure.. I would open up the panels n hood and take a look myself to see if the throttle cables are free..
Some say that they hear the roll over valve fluttering on idle. Maybe that is what you are hearing.

Yes, the potential is there for throttles to stick, but thankfully the TORS did its job or things could have got very exciting!

TORS is great and yes did its job x 20 plus times, almost couldnt ride it back , kept defaulting to idle speed! . Throttles are smoothe when warmer and look fine, tried lock deicer and blew cables out with air !!

I'm guessing you adjusted the throttle cables to spec or even a touch more ? If not try adjusting them to have a few mm's of play between throttle block and lever. Hold brake and turn handle bars lock to lock at idle to make sure cable is adjusted not to tight.
If tors doesn't activate then your good.

When mine did this, I just sprayed good amount of WD40 on cable and worked throttle in and out and it fixed the problem.

Well went for a good ride today.. unloaded the sled, being warm I only let it warm up till temp gauge showed 1/4 shut her down and got dressed.. went to start sled and there was that sound, woop, woop, woop, weird for sure as I never heard that before, almost sounds like something is releasing air in the air box..

That was my first guess, just it’s the first time I’ve heard it.

"Wop, Wop, Wop" at idle, for me; found the intake boots came loose on the inner side of throttle block/motor.
Also, my throttle cable had been stretched due to yanking the handlebars too hard during a teardown causing a TORA issue, and the throttle bodies wouldn't spring back.

I will also get that sound and my roll over valve has been deleted
sled does not have to be running

Last edited:

Back