• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Viper ltx se shock question

corvette joe

Hey gang , my sled doesn’t have the QS 3s just the regular HPGs. Is it worth revalveing them? And will the ride get much better? Just trying to save a few grand on a set of shocks.

Hey gang , my sled doesn’t have the QS 3s just the regular HPGs. Is it worth revalveing them? And will the ride get much better? Just trying to save a few grand on a set of shocks.
Why do you feel they need to be revalved? Personally I feel the fronts are pretty good shocks.. The middle is the issue on the SE models. The rear is fine.. Yea they don't have 3 settings but overall they are not bad(just the middle). I ran a sidewinder SE for about 13k miles and just had the shocks refreshed EVERY season by cannondale on here.. I would say upgrading the middle shock and or spring on that shock would be a plus.. Cannondale may chime in as he is very knowledgeable on these things.. Also if you weigh more then 180 the stock middle shock spring is a bit iffy.. too soft . IMO.. Basing this on the SE shocks that came on a 17 winder. Probably the same/close as the 20 Viper.

After a couple years on those/any shocks I would be inclinded to have them refreshed and as noted they could be revalved for your weight. Manufacturers usually have these setup for a generic 150lbs rider and that is not the N. American average snowmobiler weight.

Also maybe look into a set of dual rate springs. I put some Hygears on the front of my base '18 Viper. Makes it a bit more plush over the small stuff then a bit or forgiving on the big. $200-$300 for a set. Much cheaper than a new set of shocks.

Front track shock spring in the past has been an issue. I changed mine to a Stingray sold by Cannondale I believe.

Back