• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Once would think, but the YXZ is no slouch in stock form. Best thing to do is drive them all to compare.
Whats the stock hp?

Might be high on that, sounds like more like 112 HP
Does the transmission work now with the paddle shift? I watched a video when they first came out an it was really embarassing, it couldnt make it up a bank on the otherside of a creek bed following a rzr, after 6 tries it blew the transmission and was towed out

Does the transmission work now with the paddle shift? I watched a video when they first came out an it was really embarassing, it couldnt make it up a bank on the otherside of a creek bed following a rzr, after 6 tries it blew the transmission and was towed out

They work great!! Ride with quite a few with no issues.

He probably blew the clutch like a grenade the guys on sxsblog do all kinds of crazy sh*%t one of the guys there with a 2020 yxz on a rock crawl doing just as good if not better then the other brands one thing for sure I’d would never buy a belt driven sxs or a 4wheeler

He probably blew the clutch like a grenade the guys on sxsblog do all kinds of crazy sh*%t one of the guys there with a 2020 yxz on a rock crawl doing just as good if not better then the other brands one thing for sure I’d would never buy a belt driven sxs or a 4wheeler

This guy wasn't doing anything crazy just trying to make it up a 5' bank behind a rzr and 1st gear was too low 2nd too high
Where the cvt is in the right gear all the time the rzr popped up the bank like a sling shot where the yamaha could only get the front tires up then spun out every time

This guy wasn't doing anything crazy just trying to make it up a 5' bank behind a rzr and 1st gear was too low 2nd too high
Where the cvt is in the right gear all the time the rzr popped up the bank like a sling shot where the yamaha could only get the front tires up then spun out every time
I've seen the video you're talking about. First it was one of the older models, they were geared higher than the 19 and ups. Also the guy didn't know how to drive it. You need to drive a YXZ a little differently than a Razor. And if I remember correctly the YXZ was a stock machine and the Razor was lifted with bigger tires. Also I'm pretty sure the 110 hp is rear wheel hp not engine hp and they dont lose as much power through the driveline as a cvt does. They're not the machine for everyone.

They really need to offer a Turbo version out of the box.
CVT transmissions are nice, but on the other hand never having to worry about a belt and clutch issues offers a lot of piece of mind.
I've had quite a few Can AM side by sides come through my shop with major clutch and belt issues. Remember these things often operate in 30 celcius temps unlike sleds normally below freezing 0 degrees celcius. Big difference.

I've seen the video you're talking about. First it was one of the older models, they were geared higher than the 19 and ups. Also the guy didn't know how to drive it. You need to drive a YXZ a little differently than a Razor. And if I remember correctly the YXZ was a stock machine and the Razor was lifted with bigger tires. Also I'm pretty sure the 110 hp is rear wheel hp not engine hp and they dont lose as much power through the driveline as a cvt does. They're not the machine for everyone.
Hey are the transmissions in the 19's holding up? I want to buy one but been hearing horror stories about constant transmission problems

They really need to offer a Turbo version out of the box.
CVT transmissions are nice, but on the other hand never having to worry about a belt and clutch issues offers a lot of piece of mind.
I've had quite a few Can AM side by sides come through my shop with major clutch and belt issues. Remember these things often operate in 30 celcius temps unlike sleds normally below freezing 0 degrees celcius. Big difference.
How do the clutch disc's hold up? Do they need to be changed offten?

How do the clutch disc's hold up? Do they need to be changed offten?
I can't answer that as I don't own one. I would think that if Yamaha did offer it with the Turbo from factory, they would beef it up in that area.

Hey are the transmissions in the 19's holding up? I want to buy one but been hearing horror stories about constant transmission problems
I haven't had any issues. And I abuse the launch control. I'm on several YXZ pages on Facebook and I haven't seen the transmission issues you're hearing of. Driveshafts, axles, and a few diffs from overuse of the launch control I've seen on the FB pages

Back