• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polaris has a nice chassis and I like their look and their tech, but i'm not so sure on their motors, the 850 and new 650 motors I believe has a 4 year warranty on them so that does say something about there durability as far a 2 strokes goes, I thought for sure a 4 stroke would have been released in their line up for 2021, I think its coming, and it will be a stump puller, its only a matter of time before the Winder will have to move over, Can Am and Polaris are neck in neck and are pretty much tied in the four stroke power in the SXS market with Yamaha falling behind, this trend will migrate to the sled market soon.

Electric power steering
As far as Polaris goes, the ones around here seem to have more trouble than not. Who cares about warranty when you are 400 miles from home and your truck and your motor has gone boom. I know someone in that boat right now. The others have had electrical issues, loose parts. 2 have been alright -----so far. Chassis on the ones I have ridden? Meh.

Yeah they have there share of troubles, I was riding last week and a buddy has a 18 RMK 800 146 and he just pounds on it like beyond, 2 years old now very little troubles and is buying another next fall hands down Polaris, so its to bad about your buddies sled, I guess some are good others not so good, that's along way from your truck 400 miles in a day.

Polaris has a nice chassis and I like their look and their tech, but i'm not so sure on their motors, the 850 and new 650 motors I believe has a 4 year warranty on them so that does say something about there durability as far a 2 strokes goes, I thought for sure a 4 stroke would have been released in their line up for 2021, I think its coming, and it will be a stump puller, its only a matter of time before the Winder will have to move over, Can Am and Polaris are neck in neck and are pretty much tied in the four stroke power in the SXS market with Yamaha falling behind, this trend will migrate to the sled market soon.
Polaris doesn’t believe 4s snowmobiles are a large enough to develop product.

Going down the "Electric Avenue"...??

If YAMAHA would release an electric snowmobile, it would be without doubt, on the same surprise level as when they released the RX-1 in 2002!
Still remember that moment, when I could see it in person and hear it running!
And I didn't see that machine coming... nor do I see a electric powered YAMAHA snowmobile coming either for 2021.
But I'm sure there will be electric snowmobiles from the blue camp in future, but first I think the manufacturers want to see how this start-up company TAIGA is doing, before they jump on that bandwagon (hey, snowmobilers in my mind are a bit conservative, but I've been wrong before...)

With that said, I find it intriguing that I just read in some car-news in February, that YAMAHA has developed a wide range of high-performance electric motors for car industry, and has also started to take orders...

Going down the "Electric Avenue"...??

If YAMAHA would release an electric snowmobile, it would be without doubt, on the same surprise level as when they released the RX-1 in 2002!
Still remember that moment, when I could see it in person and hear it running!
And I didn't see that machine coming... nor do I see a electric powered YAMAHA snowmobile coming either for 2021.
But I'm sure there will be electric snowmobiles from the blue camp in future, but first I think the manufacturers want to see how this start-up company TAIGA is doing, before they jump on that bandwagon (hey, snowmobilers in my mind are a bit conservative, but I've been wrong before...)

With that said, I find it intriguing that I just read in some car-news in February, that YAMAHA has developed a wide range of high-performance electric motors for car industry, and has also started to take orders...

Like this?

This tech is improving for sure, but most snowmobiling area's and trails are set up for gas refueling so this concept has a way to go for trail riders, 131 km on a charge is good that's about 75 miles, so 37 miles one way 37 back to charging station in perfect conditions, I guess resorts and eco sensitive area's would be their market for now, when this company reaches the 200 mile at 3/4 to full throttle on a single charge trail riders would consider one, nothing makes big power and torque quicker like a electric motor, the sport model is pushing 180hp fully charged.

This tech is improving for sure, but most snowmobiling area's and trails are set up for gas refueling so this concept has a way to go for trail riders,

No doubt. How many places have no credit card pumps, if they even take credit cards to start with. "sorry, cash only" Or wait in a line of 30 sleds for the guy in front to go in and pay before they reset the pump. Piping in charging stations won't happen quickly in those remote areas. But for local cruising out of the home, it may have merit.

No doubt. How many places have no credit card pumps, if they even take credit cards to start with. "sorry, cash only" Or wait in a line of 30 sleds for the guy in front to go in and pay before they reset the pump. Piping in charging stations won't happen quickly in those remote areas. But for local cruising out of the home, it may have merit.
Yes... this would be a problem waiting in line, charging times to get a full charge would have to be shortened to like 5 minutes full charge for this concept to work or to attract buyers, every fuel station would have to have 2-3 charging stations, they have along way to go to use these to replace the gasers.

Talking to the sales guy at the local dealership today. He said they have no idea what Yamaha is doing other than they are continuing in the sled business as one of their guys is out riding the new models out west somewhere this week. Sounds like they hear all the same rumors that the consumer does.

Talking to the sales guy at the local dealership today. He said they have no idea what Yamaha is doing other than they are continuing in the sled business as one of their guys is out riding the new models out west somewhere this week. Sounds like they hear all the same rumors that the consumer does.
Which dealer?
I was thinking of heading to Larson's Saturday with the same queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back