• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JHC A TEAM OF VIRTUALLY STOCK SIDEWINDERS JUST CAME IN 2ND IN CAINS QUEST. THEY ALMOST WON. Another Winder team was running in the top 3 for most of the race. Load up your Apexes and give that a try buckaroos. There has been no competitive Japan built sleds since the early SXR days. Thank god I have a Sidewinder with all the combined DNA that has been a freaking blast for 4 seasons with almost nothing wrong related to supposedly inferior CAT DNA. Which BTW includes Yamahas innovation of the most powerful factory snowmachine engine in history. Switches? Paint? The seat covering? The tail light? AYFKM? We, all sledders, are test pilots for all OEMs. So many of the potential foibles of the Winder/Procross are known. Incremental, iterative, improvements in durability are whats needed. And BTW these weakness are exposed and exaggerated because it so fricken easy to turn up the power, not necessarily the DNA. Quality is Free. Take Kingers' advice. Hell, just compensate Travis for his ideas that can be incorporated.

The main 2 things left to be fixed are the shaft spinning and upper gear bushing. My machine will be serviced to catch these things. The price to pay to play. I'm worried a little about the water pump and stator, but lost both of them on past all Yamaha sleds too. C'est la motoneige. That is snowmobiling. Only a lot F-in faster on my Winder.

There is a old saying....SEE WITH YOUR EYE'S NOT YOUR EARS!!!! Yamaha has done nothing but redesign new stickers, your wondering why there is a $4000 dollar difference in the price between a ThunderCat and a Winder? what are you getting for that 4 grand... new skis and a vid from Jaret telling you we are working on it, I will tell you right now... for $24000+bucks out the door for a new Winder here in Canada there should NOT be any we are working on it speeches, for the money Yamaha wants for this sled these issues should have been resolved over 2 years ago, Fact of the matter is... Cat is running the show..PERIOD!! and always have been from the beginning, all Yamaha is allowed do is suggest things to Cat that's it! there is no big team of Yamaha engineers at the end of the assembly line behind the blue painting room working furiously to address your concerns or fixing any issues, there is nobody! never was and never will be, has yours eyes seen any issues fixed and never to be a problem again? even the replacement parts are still a problem when there not on back order, nothing has changed other then colors and shocks and gimmicks, Guy's....Welcome to Cat!!!! nothing is going to change other than the purchase price at Yamaha camp. ps thank god for BOP!

Maybe Yamaha should bring back your precious Apex with some new plastic and narrower seat put some stupid looking led lights for a headlight then mount a i pad on the dash board then maybe some off you guys would be happy. Yamaha could then call it an all new Apex that's what Polaris had been doing for 10 yrs. They could also widen the front suspension 1/2 of an inch and add a bar to adjust the weight transfer in the rear skid and then they could call it an all new suspension like Ski Doo has done. 83 pages of pissing and moaning if you don't like what they offer move on to something else it's that simple and then let me know if the grass is greener on the other side.

I will buy a sled that works over one that looks fancy anyday. Believe it or not since Yamaha the chaincase has been refined at least 4 times. Lights,plastic,suspension open your eyes and mind a bit.
Why not just buy a Blast then, instead of paying more for the "looks" of the venom? It's cheaper, and the same sled. Lol.

Maybe Yamaha should bring back your precious Apex with some new plastic and narrower seat put some stupid looking led lights for a headlight then mount a i pad on the dash board then maybe some off you guys would be happy. Yamaha could then call it an all new Apex that's what Polaris had been doing for 10 yrs. They could also widen the front suspension 1/2 of an inch and add a bar to adjust the weight transfer in the rear skid and then they could call it an all new suspension like Ski Doo has done. 83 pages of pissing and moaning if you don't like what they offer move on to something else it's that simple and then let me know if the grass is greener on the other side.
Why don't you pony up some money and buy a new sled, that you claim to love? Yamaha (cat?) now offers a factory turbo now, so you don't have to throw a bunch of aftermarket performance parts at it. Don't have to start with a turd this time. Get that wallet out....

My Apex does not need to be refined its perfect the way it is, no complaints,if that 14 Viper of yours is so good at 7000miles why are you going to get rid of it? at least that's what you fed licked Jaret, a 14 Apex with 7000 miles would be just broke in, as for Doo and Poo why do these oems have most of the market share if not all genius? and just wait till you get a Winder and you can see first hand how green the grass is.

I just got back from 4 days in Quebec and saw a TON of Yamaha's. Winders, Vipers' and older Delta box models. Even an old V-Maxx 4!!! Also saw more SRX's in 4 days than I have seen on the trail ever combined!! I saw mostly Ski-Doo but I bet Yamaha was the second most branded sled I saw.
Somebody is buying!!!!
BTW my 17 Winder just turned 8k miles and I think it is the best Yamaha I have ever bought.

OMG, please stop with all the pouting.
It's safe to say that the nail was finally put in the coffin that Yamaha will never have a 'made in Japan' performance sled again. Get over it already, it's year seven for crying out loud and you'd think by the way many carry on here that the sharing agreement was just announced.
The procross chassis and suspension is already proving to me that it will outlast the machines they replaced. I have yet to fix an exhaust(yay), replace a suspension bushing front or back. Way less long-term fixing.

I have never seen any of the factories put on a pre-studded track that I can recall. I can't see it happening either, likely to remain an accessory option.

That being said, is the current Ice Ripper still based off the first series Ripsaw? If so I had one a few years ago and did not care for it. Now if it's based off the Ripsaw II that would be a different story.

Ski Doo offers it.
I know cuz mine has it

Winder will be brought home next week my Viper isn't going anywhere I'll keep that for blowing the hood of all those junk box Apexs with owners that like to run there mouth and have no idea what there talking about half the time. You can refine that Apex all you want it will never hold a candle to the Pro Cross.

LOL.. You would have to have one GOOD working Viper, the only way you would be able to blow the hood off a Apex with that old Viper of yours is if it was being towed by a Lamborghini!! congrats on the new Winder.

Winder will be brought home next week my Viper isn't going anywhere I'll keep that for blowing the hood of all those junk box Apexs with owners that like to run there mouth and have no idea what there talking about half the time. You can refine that Apex all you want it will never hold a candle to the Pro Cross.

Hey now that’s not very nice! It all depends what your doing with your sled. If your trail riding then yea the ride and handling is better with the Procross, if your doing big miles in remote areas take the Apex or risk freezing to death. When someone riding a reliable sled finds your frozen carcass maybe they can pee on you too thaw you out?
Supercharged Apex at the wennie roast Last weekend was untouchable by every Winder there, so there’s that too.

Hey now that’s not very nice! It all depends what your doing with your sled. If your trail riding then yea the ride and handling is better with the Procross, if your doing big miles in remote areas take the Apex or risk freezing to death. When someone riding a reliable sled finds your frozen carcass maybe they can pee on you too thaw you out?
Supercharged Apex at the wennie roast Last weekend was untouchable by every Winder there, so there’s that too.
WHAT????? NOT A JUNKBOX APEX??? I guess TPAY should of showed up with his Viper and cleaned up

LOL.. You would have to have one GOOD working Viper, the only way you would be able to blow the hood off a Apex with that old Viper of yours is if it was being towed by a Lamborghini!! congrats on the new Winder.

Or maybe he has a turbo Viper?
:drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back