• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think BRP uses the 900 Ace in the Sea Doo also, not sure about their ATV wheelers though I think they have like a V twin engines, 500-600-800-1000

I think BRP uses the 900 Ace in the Sea Doo also, not sure about their ATV wheelers though I think they have like a V twin engines, 500-600-800-1000
900 is used on the Maverick side by side, the top line RR has a turbo and is now rated at 195 hp.

So there is room to move from the factory on the 900t, 195hp is getting close to winder numbers, we will soon see these 4 stroke numbers in a sled from Doo.

I could be wrong but all this talk about cc”s or displacement. Could have something to do with Insurance cost. My 1049”s cost more to insure than Sidewinders. I did follow the advice on here and used Sledinsure.com. Spoke with them on the phone about this and there was nothing they could do. But they got me the same policy through the same company Foremost $100.00 cheaper. Than my Farmers agent. Thanks for the advice!

Told my dealer today I’ll see him March 11th to put down deposits on my 2 new Yamaha branded riots. He didn’t laugh:dunno: Now to start saving that $1000 bucks for the spring check deposit.

Beyond belief to me that insurance co's who have full time professionals to access risk could confuse 4-stroke displacement with 2-stroke displacement. What's wrong with our education system?

Beyond belief to me that insurance co's who have full time professionals to access risk could confuse 4-stroke displacement with 2-stroke displacement. What's wrong with our education system?

Might want to look at our latest congressional additions. Sorry did not want to go there. But their education seems to have failed us. And them. I am glad my daughter graduated over ten years ago. I do not discuss politics with her. But she is kicking #*$&@ in her career. She quit being a TV reporter and now is a Manager in a Sports Statistics company. They do NBA and NHL stats. So there is hope!

Last edited:
I wonder if the displacement size is related to a US forest service or BLM lands thing. I remember reading on one of these here internet challenge forums someone saying fed land has to be 1000 cc and under in future? I did read it on internet so take it for what its worth .

funny thing is the winders are not even beefed up yet from the factory yet!!!if doo gets there hp to match a winder then yamaha just has to turn up the psi to 12 and drop the mic again!!Maybe a Vmax return?

I could be wrong but all this talk about cc”s or displacement. Could have something to do with Insurance cost. My 1049”s cost more to insure than Sidewinders. I did follow the advice on here and used Sledinsure.com. Spoke with them on the phone about this and there was nothing they could do. But they got me the same policy through the same company Foremost $100.00 cheaper. Than my Farmers agent. Thanks for the advice!

Any MFG that plans to use a version of these engines in ATV/SXS need to keep it under 1000CC and under 65" wide to be a Class II ATV in many states (not all) Thus the reason we see 72" BRP SXS and engines over 1000cc. The Wildcat XX and Yamaha YXZ are under 1000cc for that reason, to be classified legally.

That engine is the basis for the 998T in the Winder. BRP is doing the same with the 900T. Version of this Rotax engine are used across the line up. The Ace engine used in the SeaDoo spark is limited only by software for various hp ranges. So yes, all the MFG's want to utilize as much tech across platforms as possible. It's good business. This also makes it more believable that Yamaha would standardize on the 998NA replacing the 1049. Especially since the watercraft and sportboats have gone a different direction with 1.8ltr and TR1 engines.

3B46E19D-1A17-454E-8F05-CD779DA5E44E.jpeg
99026BCE-A08C-4C50-A26D-FE6E77E0E086.jpeg
8A9A1AF0-31F6-4832-A654-A99C44544E41.jpeg

Those wondering if Doo may come out with a flatland big hp sled. I will just leave this here. I'm sure it's a horrible photoshop hoax, but hey, a Backcountry X with 850T may be a monster on the trails.

What I honestly expect from Doo is the return of the Mach Z. An 850T at SeaLevel is a time bomb in my eyes. They would be better served with a 900T and a 200hp tune.

I thought.. is it straight line that already has a turbo kit for the 850 for the flat landers, 200hp on pump gas, not sure how reliable it is though.

I thought.. is it straight line that already has a turbo kit for the 850 for the flat landers, 200hp on pump gas, not sure how reliable it is though.

Though they just came out with the mountain 850T for the lake application I would still be willing to bet they bumped up the power on the 900T to be close to a stock Winder. On the Maverick SxS it is now rated at 195 HP and it uses a slightly larger blower. I could see this being the most likely case. The problem is the bulk of the Winders I see already have them flashed to 250,265,270,290, 320......etc. I don't see the 900T able to reach those HP levels without doing a bunch more work to it.

2020 Venture. Pure Japanese. Long live Yamaha. Whatever happens in 2021, be happy we are all still alive and kicking!

Do me a favor and lift a ski off the ground on your new Venture and check the side to side movement to see how far the ski moves. I have a 14 Vector and 15 Venture GT with stock tuners and there is a lot of movement which seems odd to me. The Venture only has 3500 miles. I tried to attach a video but it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back