• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Yamaha Snowmobiles - Jaret Smith, Snowmobile Product Manager Discusses Line Up And Strategy

Do you think the inconsistency is because of the way people ride them, like hammering in or out of corners and what not?

Different track, studded track, track tension, the way it ridden and conditions they ride in as well as adding more boost.. many factors.

I have done the same and there is not much difference. The forums have shed a ton of light on small and big issues to watch for and I understand this should not be happening but can be prevented if taken care preventatively. I dont think any brand now days is a turn key and drive it for 10000 miles with zeros issues. I have had all kinds of issues will , electrical rub thrus, stuck relays, ball joints and broken skids on Nytros, w-arms, broken exhaust, exhaust gaskets, relays on Apexs.. I could go on and on. But the procross chassis sure dont eat hyfax like almost all others did from Yamaha.
Well maybe my thinking is just to old school these days. Maybe that's what happens to you after you turn 60.

I have done the same and there is not much difference. The forums have shed a ton of light on small and big issues to watch for and I understand this should not be happening but can be prevented if taken care preventatively. I dont think any brand now days is a turn key and drive it for 10000 miles with zeros issues. I have had all kinds of issues will , electrical rub thrus, stuck relays, ball joints and broken skids on Nytros, w-arms, broken exhaust, exhaust gaskets, relays on Apexs.. I could go on and on. But the procross chassis sure dont eat hyfax like almost all others did from Yamaha.
Well maybe my thinking is just to old school these days. Maybe that's what happens to you after you turn 60.
I am not that far behind you, I am 50 but some days I feel 70..LOL
Yeah buddy...I hear you! LOL

BOP locker on a new axle and bearing and have not had any issues with my top gears, not sure why..But I also go into them every 5000 miles because I cant leave well enough alone. The other thing I do is tack the screws on the chain adjusters. I do my first chain-case full inspection at 2000 to 2500 miles.
Looking to change track and chaincase bearings in my sidewinder,was the 6009 lower bearing in the chaincase a sealed bearing?was the top gear bearing (6206)a sealed or open bearing thanks ahead of time to help order the correct style bearing

Looking to change track and chaincase bearings in my sidewinder,was the 6009 lower bearing in the chaincase a sealed bearing?was the top gear bearing (6206)a sealed or open bearing thanks ahead of time to help order the correct style bearing

You messaged me but kept it locked so I can reply..LOL , both bearings in the chain-case do no have seals on the bearings.

Open to the inside I know for sure. Just order with seals and remove accordingly.

Not to old school, just reading to much on here. Reading all these threads would scare anyone. Take them all with a grain of salt and pick which upgrades are really necessary(not all are!!!)
Do a little preventive maintenance, ride and enjoy.

Thanks

Back