• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Yamaha Snowmobiles - Jaret Smith, Snowmobile Product Manager Discusses Line Up And Strategy

FX chassis with race front end, 998cc N/A, N/A HO, and turbo option, updated gauge package, adequate fuel tank, a little more foam in the seat and a properly tuned Mono II in the rear with great shock package all around........where do I sign?
I’ve basically built my own version of this as a 137” trail focussed platform and everyone who’s ridden it agrees it’s an eye opener. @JMS@Yamaha I realize logistically speaking the current path chosen fell into place more easily as most of these decisions were made before you took the reigns, but what I’ve built in my shop points out how easily a well performing mainstream 4 stroke with pure Yammy DNA can be put together. Just say’n.

FX chassis with race front end, 998cc N/A, N/A HO, and turbo option, updated gauge package, adequate fuel tank, a little more foam in the seat and a properly tuned Mono II in the rear with great shock package all around........where do I sign?
I’ve basically built my own version of this as a 137” trail focussed platform and everyone who’s ridden it agrees it’s an eye opener. @JMS@Yamaha I realize logistically speaking the current path chosen fell into place more easily as most of these decisions were made before you took the reigns, but what I’ve built in my shop points out how easily a well performing mainstream 4 stroke with pure Yammy DNA can be put together. Just say’n.
I agree! Look how well those cross country racing Nytro sleds did compared to the Viper versions the last year they raced! With the Nytro race front end and the suspension slid back 4 inches an over the top steering relocate and a 2" higher wrp seat, this is a whole different sled.

Please stop the madness! The FX chassis! This is almost as crazy as hoarding TP. Just say’n

Ya look how good those Nytro's in the cross country races are doing now. They don't hold a candle to a properly set up Pro Cross chassis. Yamaha would have done a lot better with the Nytro and Viper if they would have assembled a decent team. They had good racers but there support was just some guys that were thrown together to go racing on the weekends with a bunch of sleds that were build in somebody garage on a farm.

By the way if anyone is interested Port Yamaha had a couple of Ross Ergmans Nytro's with the race front end for sale. I'm not sure if they still have them or not.

Please stop the madness! The FX chassis! This is almost as crazy as hoarding TP. Just say’n
Did you bother to read my entire post? Have you ridden a sled set up exactly this way? I’m guessing you haven’t, because only a few of us have bothered to build what Yamaha could have. For the record, I haven’t purchased a single roll of tp since this madness has begun.
:mod: ;):D :tg:

I'm not sure what your trying to say I have ridden a Nytro with the race front end and a super charger,my buddy just sold it.In no way shape or form does a Nytro set up any way you want it compare to a well set up Pro Cross chassis.I'm not sure what some of you guys are smoking but I want some.

I'm not sure what your trying to say I have ridden a Nytro with the race front end and a super charger,my buddy just sold it.In no way shape or form does a Nytro set up any way you want it compare to a well set up Pro Cross chassis.I'm not sure what some of you guys are smoking but I want some.

Exactly. He gave me my sign so no response for him. Haha!

The FX chassis? Yes the FX chassis it is as of now for me, so put me in the institution! I really would love to get the procross chassis but because of what I have read on this site it scares me to do so. I do all of my own maintenance and repairs. My goal is to never be the one guy to be breaking down and throwing a monkey wrench into everyone else's plans. From what I read on here, from our fellow TY members, there is way to much uncertainty when it comes to the chain case for me! The drive line is the most important aspect, in my opinion, when it comes to a snowmobile. So Yamaha please get this resolved so I can get one of your new procross sled's! Okay Mr. Moderator, you can ban me from this site to.

The FX chassis? Yes the FX chassis it is as of now for me, so put me in the institution! I really would love to get the procross chassis but because of what I have read on this site it scares me to do so. I do all of my own maintenance and repairs. My goal is to never be the one guy to be breaking down and throwing a monkey wrench into everyone else's plans. From what I read on here, from our fellow TY members, there is way to much uncertainty when it comes to the chain case for me! The drive line is the most important aspect, in my opinion, when it comes to a snowmobile. So Yamaha please get this resolved so I can get one of your new procross sled's! Okay Mr. Moderator, you can ban me from this site to.

I would not be afraid of it.. I do not miss the Boosted Nytro one bit.. My son rode it for sometime and hated it off trail and now he rides a boosted Viper. I have 2 Winders and once I worked out a few bugs, They easily rack on 1000s of miles free of issues. Just one opinion.

I would not be afraid of it.. I do not miss the Boosted Nytro one bit.. My son rode it for sometime and hated it off trail and now he rides a boosted Viper. I have 2 Winders and once I worked out a few bugs, They easily rack on 1000s of miles free of issues. Just one opinion.
So what did you do to the chaincase when it comes to the upper gear and the drive axle bearing to make them reliable?

So what did you do to the chaincase when it comes to the upper gear and the drive axle bearing to make them reliable?

BOP locker on a new axle and bearing and have not had any issues with my top gears, not sure why..But I also go into them every 5000 miles because I cant leave well enough alone. The other thing I do is tack the screws on the chain adjusters. I do my first chain-case full inspection at 2000 to 2500 miles.

BOP locker on a new axle and bearing and have not had any issues with my top gears, not sure why..But I also go into them every 5000 miles because I cant leave well enough alone. The other thing I do is tack the screws on the chain adjusters. I do my first chain-case full inspection at 2000 to 2500 miles.
If I buy one with 0 miles on it I would do those things from what I had learned from all you guys. However it sounds like it works for some and not others. I put on an average of 2000 miles a year and I always pull the cover and inspect the chain, gears, and bearings. I always bought Yamaha for the reliability first, this is why I am so hesitant on the procross chassis.

Do you think the inconsistency is because of the way people ride them, like hammering in or out of corners and what not?

If I buy one with 0 miles on it I would do those things from what I had learned from all you guys. However it sounds like it works for some and not others. I put on an average of 2000 miles a year and I always pull the cover and inspect the chain, gears, and bearings. I always bought Yamaha for the reliability first, this is why I am so hesitant on the procross chassis.

I have done the same and there is not much difference. The forums have shed a ton of light on small and big issues to watch for and I understand this should not be happening but can be prevented if taken care preventatively. I dont think any brand now days is a turn key and drive it for 10000 miles with zeros issues. I have had all kinds of issues will , electrical rub thrus, stuck relays, ball joints and broken skids on Nytros, w-arms, broken exhaust, exhaust gaskets, relays on Apexs.. I could go on and on. But the procross chassis sure dont eat hyfax like almost all others did from Yamaha.

Back