• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 137” bottoming out nearly with no one on.

shawnj

Expert
I know this been discussed before, did a bit of a search but on my phone out in snow bit difficult. This is the first I’m getting to try my sidewinder out. A 2022 ltx le 137”. Bought it with 1080 kms on it so pretty new. I thought I gone over sled pretty good but now I’m away for my first trip and sled is sitting pretty much on torsion blocks. I have them on stiffest setting. I have a Kimpex 2 -up seat and my girlfriend and I made it 2 mins and it sounded horrible. Like something grinding when bottoming out. So we come back and I installed the taller plastic spring blocks that the front of spring slides through, put torsion blocks back on stiffest and want to try again but it looks like it’s sitting on torsion blocks still with no one sitting on sled.
Any ideas out there as I’m 4.5 hours from home and was so looking forward to trying this sled this year.
Thank you.

Is it possible that your shock is frozen limiting travel.

Find a pail of hot water and pour it slowly on rear shock with sled tipped on its side

If not that I would think your shock needs work

Post pictures of your skid and spring position

I put a kimpex seat on too (22Tcat), you're going to need heavier springs. Cat part #'s 1704-561/560(real stiff when riding solo).
For now you could try turning the transfer blocks to the thickest spot and put way more preload in the center shock spring. I also put in Yamaha 4 position torsion spring adjuster blocks.

Oops misread , bottomed out, no one on it... didn't bend the tunnel?

I wouldn't use the taller spring blocks as when the suspension bottoms the inside of the track will be in contact with them.
Also, if you are two-upping you need to buy an aftermarket front cross shaft as it will likely break. This sled is meant for solo rider(factory set for about 180-210lbs total) so you're going to have to make changes.

Last edited:
Your gonna have to get a 2 up sled or buy her one, just saying. It will suck if you ride alone

My Tcat with the right springs makes a great 2up sled. I can change the rear springs in about an hour.

OP has an issue with the suspension not returning after compression with no load on the seat. He is on a trip and is in a bind.

I put a kimpex seat on too (22Tcat), you're going to need heavier springs. Cat part #'s 1704-561/560(real stiff when riding solo).
For now you could try turning the transfer blocks to the thickest spot and put way more preload in the center shock spring. I also put in Yamaha 4 position torsion spring adjuster blocks.
Ya I can see needing stiffer springs if I were to double more than once or twice. However, it was sitting low with zero weight on sled. Lift it up and fall flat on its arse lol.

Back