• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 137” bottoming out nearly with no one on.

I wouldn't use the taller spring blocks as when the suspension bottoms the inside of the track will be in contact with them.
Also, if you are two-upping you need to buy an aftermarket front cross shaft as it will likely break. This sled is meant for solo rider(factory set for about 180-210lbs total) so you're going to have to make changes.
You mention about the taller spring blocks and spring making contact. Do you mean the tip of spring could contact upper side of track now??
Really as far as two upping, it would be at most a few trips a year probably. But even the way it is now, im nervous even riding solo for a trip. I left the taller spring blocks in and put shock on setting #3 for now.

Is the skid mounted in the proper holes? My ‘21 SRX was sagging down a ton. Turns out I mounted the skid back in the sled incorrectly. I would say if the skid has never been removed then your torsion springs are sacked. From what I have been told the springs hold up the sled while the shocks soak up the bumps.

Ran a Kimpex 2 up seat with my wife and at times my 2 daughters weighing more than my wife together. Im 180 on the street and I didnt even need 3 on the torsion setting. Something else wrong is my guess.

Thanks for that!
Ya absolutely correct. We did manage to get out. With the springs on #3 setting, taller spring blocks on the front, and shock on #3 setting and luckily trails were smooth otherwise it might have been a NO GO.
I think we did about 100 kms and it did bottom out a few times but I also took it easy as really just wanted to ride as it is our first trip out and most likely our last together this year. Still though, even without anyone on sled for it to be nearly resting or the blocks , seems off to me. Now I have a week long trip with a buddy coming up in 7 days, not sure what to do. Reinstall original shorter spring blocks and leave adjusters on #3 or leave taller sprig blocks on and ……???
OP has an issue with the suspension not returning after compression with no load on the seat. He is on a trip and is in a bind.

Is the skid mounted in the proper holes? My ‘21 SRX was sagging down a ton. Turns out I mounted the skid back in the sled incorrectly. I would say if the skid has never been removed then your torsion springs are sacked. From what I have been told the springs hold up the sled while the shocks soak up the bumps.
I haven’t touched the mounting locations, looks like correct spot from pictures of others I’ve seen. That was my understanding as well, the job of the spring was to hold sled up regardless of shock capability. (To a point)

You mention about the taller spring blocks and spring making contact. Do you mean the tip of spring could contact upper side of track now??
Really as far as two upping, it would be at most a few trips a year probably. But even the way it is now, im nervous even riding solo for a trip. I left the taller spring blocks in and put shock on setting #3 for now.
I had thought about doing the same thing, but when I measured it appears that when fully compressed there would be contact.

Ive seen this mentioned before In my research over the past few months. You are right, something else going on even though it all looks as it should. I’m thinking springs are shot although, 1000 kms really should not be.
Ran a Kimpex 2 up seat with my wife and at times my 2 daughters weighing more than my wife together. Im 180 on the street and I didnt even need 3 on the torsion setting. Something else wrong is my guess.

Someone I ride with often has a 2020 GT and he weights about 250lbs.
I installed the next stronger springs as the bottoming rubbers on the rail were splitting from contacting too often.

If it is compressed with no rider then something is wrong, which seems odd on something new.
When I adjusted the spring blocks initially with the spark plug wrench, you could see the rear of sled lift right away, so I thought yea we got it. But shortly after, it sagged back down and near blocks. Maybe not touching but with a few pounds it would be resting on rear blocks. The springs shouldn’t be fatigued i would t think as I never ever leave weight of sled on the track. Now when I bought the sled from the dealer used with 1000 kms it was sitting on its track so would that cause them to weeken?

Back