• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022... disappointed!

I agree with TPAY that Yamaha is not in this sport to be #1.
They make money selling motors and KEEPING Yamaha guys.............................YAMAHA guys

I put time on other sleds this year.
Yamaha/Cat do NOT need a NEW chassis, but do NEED some upgrades.
FIRST, they must fix the KNOWN issues that have plagued every single guy i know that has some miles on it.
The rear skid is just not in the same league as the others.
I personally don't care for the exotic screen, but for A LOT of guys out there, it is a selling point.

Yamaha sales went up, but that is mostly because they had the only big power 4-stroke.
The new 900R will put a dent in that.
Polaris has a 4-stroke, but it's just not ready & will take some time before they start grabbing some market.

The POO front end is absolutely AMAZING!
The DOO rear end is absolutely AMAZING!
The Yamaha 998T is absolutely AMAZING!

IF i had money & was retired...................what a project that would be!
I'm surprised at your review on the DOO, Most SideWinder guy's say they are nothing but Junk, most unenjoyable sled, handles like crap, couldn't wait to get off the dam thing, Kinda Funny, there seems to be alot of Riders on the trails riding these Junk sleds, they all can't be that stupid.

I agree with TPAY that Yamaha is not in this sport to be #1.
They make money selling motors and KEEPING Yamaha guys.............................YAMAHA guys

I put time on other sleds this year.
Yamaha/Cat do NOT need a NEW chassis, but do NEED some upgrades.
FIRST, they must fix the KNOWN issues that have plagued every single guy i know that has some miles on it.
The rear skid is just not in the same league as the others.
I personally don't care for the exotic screen, but for A LOT of guys out there, it is a selling point.

Yamaha sales went up, but that is mostly because they had the only big power 4-stroke.
The new 900R will put a dent in that.
Polaris has a 4-stroke, but it's just not ready & will take some time before they start grabbing some market.

The POO front end is absolutely AMAZING!
The DOO rear end is absolutely AMAZING!
The Yamaha 998T is absolutely AMAZING!

IF i had money & was retired...................what a project that would be!

I agree with you that Yamaha/Cat don't really need a new chassis; if anything, they should put the effort into fixing the known defects in the Pro Cross. We all know what they are (lord knows they are beaten to death here) and all that is necessary is for Yamaha/Cat to spend a little more money and upgrade those problem areas.

Unfortunately, Yamaha/Cat apparently don't feel that it is worth the loss of profits necessary to make the fixes, and that may be the best argument against a new chassis. Assuming most of the issues with the Pro Cross are due to cutting corners and saving costs, what makes anyone think that a new chassis will be any different? Any new chassis will most likely come with its own set of cut corners and performance issues.

It's not just Yamaha and Cat they all do it Polaris and Doo are the same way. If any one knew how much of Polaris snowmobile and atv parts are sourced out to China you would probably puke they are by far the worse, but they all go the cheapest way possible. Yamaha is not the only one that's going to price them selves right out of the market have you looked at Ski Doo pricing this year. My buddy wants to get rid of his 850 before the motor goes ka powy but after pricing the Mach Z he now on the fench maybe a Winder, he hates it when I drive by and away from him at will.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at your review on the DOO, Most SideWinder guy's say they are nothing but Junk, most unenjoyable sled, handles like crap, couldn't wait to get off the dam thing, Kinda Funny, there seems to be alot of Riders on the trails riding these Junk sleds, they all can't be that stupid.
There are a lot of guy's that drink the kool aid that's for sure. There is only one Ski Doo in are riding group usually but I do see a lot of them on the trail and pit stops. All I can say is I have switched with the Doo 850 several times over the last couple of years and I just don't like it, they don't stick to the trail like the Pro Cross does and it seems kinda twitchy going down the trail, not for me that's for sure. On the other hand he hasn't had any problems yet but the miles are getting up there that's why he wants to get rid of it before an engine rebuild comes into play.

I don't like the DOO front end.
At least pre-2021 anyways.
I heard they improved it, but i haven't ridden one yet.

The POO front end is nothing short of AMAZING!
It turns with no leaning and no body roll so both skis are on the ground.
Obviously with more speed some body language is required, but i purposely didn't lean and it rolled around corners. Keeping the skis down while on the throttle is another story.

The Cat/ProCross front end is very good and i don't believe it needs to be revamped.
If the new skis work, then nothing else needs to be done. I still believe the rear skid needs some work.

They need a fancy gauge for the people that don't know how to read a map. LOL
Make it an extra for more $$$
People will buy it. Win Win
Some people will buy a sled just for the screen & the TECH that goes with it.
I don't want to Bluetooth my phone to my sled.

Picture if you will:

SteveO hitting the trails with a vengeance!
Heart pounding!
Butt clenched!

RING RING
"Excuse me Mr. Falletti, we'd like to extend the Warranty on your car"

It's not just Yamaha and Cat they all do it Polaris and Doo are the same way. If any one knew how much of Polaris snowmobile and atv parts are sourced out to China you would probably puke they are by far the worse, but they all go the cheapest way possible. Yamaha is not the only one that's going to price them selves right out of the market have you looked at Ski Doo pricing this year. My buddy wants to get rid of his 850 before the motor goes ka powy but after pricing the Mach Z he now on the fench maybe a Winder, he hates it when I drive by and away from him at will.

I believe they ALL are using China bearings these days.
Yamaha used Japanese bearings back in the day.

Can you believe we are NOW saying that the Japanese bearings are the best.
My Grandfather would roll over in his grave.

The SAD thing is, i live in CT where the BEST bearings in the world used to be made.
Now all the factories are apartment buildings.
I sound like an old man.
But i ride like a 20 year old......................................................that gets up in the night to pee

The POO front end is nothing short of AMAZING!
It turns with no leaning and no body roll so both skis are on the ground.
Steve my experience with the POO front end is the exact opposite of yours. I have ridden 4 of them and they all have a ton of body roll, skis lift, darty. You need much more rider lean to make it work.
I think the problem with them is the same thing that plagued the Delta box front end....the a-arms are too close together. That it seems the bushings and joints in those front ends seem to wear pretty quickly. That and those Walker Evans shocks may work well but need much more attention.

I believe they ALL are using China bearings these days.
Yamaha used Japanese bearings back in the day.

Can you believe we are NOW saying that the Japanese bearings are the best.
My Grandfather would roll over in his grave.

The SAD thing is, i live in CT where the BEST bearings in the world used to be made.
Now all the factories are apartment buildings.
I sound like an old man.
But i ride like a 20 year old......................................................that gets up in the night to pee
Spot on Steve!!

It's not just bearings there's more than you think, I know for a fact that Polaris sources motor parts from China and Id be willing to bet there not the only ones.

Steve my experience with the POO front end is the exact opposite of yours. I have ridden 4 of them and they all have a ton of body roll, skis lift, darty. You need much more rider lean to make it work.
I think the problem with them is the same thing that plagued the Delta box front end....the a-arms are too close together. That it seems the bushings and joints in those front ends seem to wear pretty quickly. That and those Walker Evans shocks may work well but need much more attention.

Did you ride a new one cuz they are very different?
And yes, as they get sloppy i believe it will obviously get worse.
BUT, the ones i rode were simply, again AMAZING!
I rode the VR1 650 & the Launch 850

It's not just bearings there's more than you think, I know for a fact that Polaris sources motor parts from China and Id be willing to bet there not the only ones.

I believe you there.
The POO motors do NOT have my confidence yet.
In 2 years i may have a different opinion.
I wouldn't run a 2-stroke past 2 years or 10,000 miles anyways.

Did you ride a new one cuz they are very different?
And yes, as they get sloppy i believe it will obviously get worse.
BUT, the ones i rode were simply, again AMAZING!
I rode the VR1 650 & the Launch 850
I rode the 2020 xcr 850 137 and 129.

I wouldnt buy anything Polaris. Very unimpressed by EVERYTHING they make. It all seems like cheap junk.
Its weird, they are the only company I feel this way about.........I have owned a ton of stuff from all kinds of manufactures , cars, trucks, bikes ,sleds and Polaris to me is the only company I would never buy from.

I wouldnt buy anything Polaris. Very unimpressed by EVERYTHING they make. It all seems like cheap junk.
Its weird, they are the only company I feel this way about.........I have owned a ton of stuff from all kinds of manufactures , cars, trucks, bikes ,sleds and Polaris to me is the only company I would never buy from.

I sort of have the same feeling about Polaris.
Sometimes it takes YEARS to change our stubborn minds especially if we've been burned.
I'm still mad they claimed with the new 2018 850 that it would outlast ANY 2-stroke EVER made. They blew up in 500 miles.
A LOT of them did so they revamped the whole bottom end.

To tell the truth, i've got a bad taste in my mouth now also.
Kinda tastes like CatNip

I have a 2012 Arctic Cat 700 Mudpro and with close to 5000 miles and it has been nothing but reliable. The only complaint is the starter doesn’t always engage right but it always starts. And for you guys that didn’t know that the starters on those are made in India

I have the same feelings about Artic Cat.

Back