• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 sneak peak

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha powered CAT

Looks like a new front end for at least the mountain segment.
Upper control arms and spindles are different.

Gauge looks to be the same!

Nothing new about that front end. Same deep snow spindle they have had for a while. Nothing new on that chassis, you know they haven't fixed the top gear bushing, the tensioner bolts or the driveshaft bearing after all these years.

Wonder what the "new snowmobile" is going to be? Otherwise its the same old, same old. Any bets on the "NEW" snowmobile? I'll guess another re-branded Cat two-stroke just with Yamaha decals they'll try to pass off as new.

My bet is the new snowmobile will be an 800 2 stroke to fill the hole between the 1viper left in the lineup and the sidewinder.

My bet is the new snowmobile will be an 800 2 stroke to fill the hole between the 1viper left in the lineup and the sidewinder.
Whos 800 engine? The Cat 800 has a shitty fuel map and the stock clutch weights are like 5 grams to light. The sled bangs off the rev limiter and blows the motor, or the lean spot takes them down. This is the 2021 and hearing 22's burning down also. Mine has been fine because i threw a ton of weight in the clutch and run a ounce of boostane on fill ups.. I sure hope its not a CAT 800 with Yamaha stickers because that motor is a sh%$ sandwich in stock form.

Whos 800 engine? The Cat 800 has a shitty fuel map and the stock clutch weights are like 5 grams to light. The sled bangs off the rev limiter and blows the motor, or the lean spot takes them down. This is the 2021 and hearing 22's burning down also. Mine has been fine because i threw a ton of weight in the clutch and run a ounce of boostane on fill ups.. I sure hope its not a CAT 800 with Yamaha stickers because that motor is a sh%$ sandwich in stock form.

You know thats what its going to be, and why I'd have no idea.

If Yamaha is going to colaborate with Textron, they need to bring back the Apex engine, NA and turbo versions in a chassis designed for it with a reliable driveline. Without it, Textron and I imagine Yamaha are doomed to fail. Two-Strokes suck for trail sleds, and like you said, the 800 Cat is lacking.

Doesn't seem like Yamaha wants to build their own sleds anymore, which is fine as long as they are equipped with the proper engine and driveline. They both need to quite sitting on their thumbs.

Pausing the video at 1:26, the shape of the side of the hood has changed.

You know thats what its going to be, and why I'd have no idea.

If Yamaha is going to colaborate with Textron, they need to bring back the Apex engine, NA and turbo versions in a chassis designed for it with a reliable driveline. Without it, Textron and I imagine Yamaha are doomed to fail. Two-Strokes suck for trail sleds, and like you said, the 800 Cat is lacking.

Doesn't seem like Yamaha wants to build their own sleds anymore, which is fine as long as they are equipped with the proper engine and driveline. They both need to quite sitting on their thumbs.
For sure.. Just hope guys realize this 800 engine of late is NOT even close to the reliable Suzuki of past.. About the only thing its good at is consuming way less oil then the old 800 from Suzuki.

Pausing the video at 1:26, the shape of the side of the hood has changed.

Same sled, same hood shape, just a different color decal..

Polaris is bringing out some flatland turbos apparently today. Vr-1 and assault will get them.

2020 had safe mapping but run quality could of been improved, not the smoothest thing. Did the precision flash on our riot and that really woke it up but peak power is 7800-7900 with precision and falls of HARD if you over rev. 3400 miles, 3000 since reflash.You running hitters on yours for weights?

I did the PEFI flash on my 2020 ZR8000. It really does clean it up. It also gets rid of the low RPM spark knock. Getting rid of the spark knock was the biggest reason I flashed it. It now runs smooth, and throttle is crisp.
I let the dealer do the clutching that did the flash, that was a first. SSI magnetic weights, softer primary spring and the RPM are spot on. I may fool with it a bit if I still have it next year.

2020 had safe mapping but run quality could of been improved, not the smoothest thing. Did the precision flash on our riot and that really woke it up but peak power is 7800-7900 with precision and falls of HARD if you over rev. 3400 miles, 3000 since reflash.You running hitters on yours for weights?
Running BDX weights and their Y pipe.. Got 2K miles on it but it has not been flashed. It has a weird over rev around 5000-5300 RPM.. Guessing this is either the lean spot that some speak of OR the power valves opening up at this RPM ?. I heard some were getting a flash from Cat also. I tried clutching around this spot and it just wont go away.. It hits real good at 7950 and wont move off that all the way as long as you hold it. I did not care for the stock cat belt , as it throws way to much dust for me.. The XS 828 is what runs better for me.. Around 79 grams for weight.. The stock weights would hit the rev limiter all day long.. If I keep it (which I was told to. LOL she loves the ride). I need a new drive shaft and the precision flash.. Best handling sled I ever owned. Cat skis with semi aggressive trackers. I really like the sled but in stock form it needs a flash and clutching.. I cant imagine how anyone could run it in stock from without hitting the rev limiter all day ..

Mine was hitting 8400 before the flash. Agree on the stock belt. just ordered a xs 828 belt

Back