• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 srx studs

blown apex

VIP Member
Website
ristermotorsports.com
what brand
how many for trail riding a stock one {wife}
how many for 240hp tuned one (me)
what length for 1 " track
were do i buy them from
mostly trail riding for safety
i also dont really like studs on outside of rails as ive pulled them out before on apexs

maybe for the cost of studs i should put a ice attak xt 1.22 " track on them
thanks for any advise

Buy your studs from CB Performance parts.

144 X 1.325 Woodys gold diggers on all double backers.
X2. Could possibly drop down to the 1.175 length(shorter) also instead of the 1.325 length. Either way a good durable TRAIL stud with double.

1" track.

GDP6-1175-C 1.175 length​

GDP6-1325-CS 1.325 Length​

Last edited:
I run 1.63 triggers with 1 inch. You can run many different styles of studs but the longer studs will hook up at least. Gold diggers are durable and hold up to more than triggers. Seems like 1.325 would be minimum in my opinion. I was running 128 studs on 137 inch track with angled backers
Had 3000 trouble free miles on last Tcat

Last edited:
With only 144 the longer stud can lay over on hard pulls. Trail sleds looking for safety traction and a basic stud package shorter lengths are going to last longer and not bend or lay over. IMO 1.63 is way to long for a 1" track.

If anyone is interested, I have 9 bags of 96 count of Woody's Megabite 1.325 studs with nuts left in stock, this is what I use and have good luck with on SRX & Thundercat tracks. I like to use both doubles and singles, depending on quantity of studs.

96 pack of 1.325 Woody's Megabite studs $150
48 pack of Woody's Double support plates $65.50
48 pack of Woody's Single support plates $39.50

With only 144 the longer stud can lay over on hard pulls. Trail sleds looking for safety traction and a basic stud package shorter lengths are going to last longer and not bend or lay over. IMO 1.63 is way to long for a 1" track.
I guess everyone has an opinion. Spinning makes everything harder to tune imo though so to me short studs are worthless. I also run angled backers though so they don’t flex back. 1.325 like I said would be minimum and do work but requires a lot more studs which is rotating mass. Most in the area I race in at least went longer and less studs for this reason. I guess my point is that they do work but yes it does require more thought in thin areas on trail. Anything below 1.325 is a sno cone maker imo

X2 on opinions. 1” track is useless unless trails are firm.
Blownapex you said for trail riding and safety I personally wouldn’t go more than 96 on your wife’s sleds, im running 144, 2-4-2 pattern on my 1.25” track and have found only a few ski combos that actually over come the studs in a corner, more studs you go more she will find it difficult to turn and push. My buddy runs 96 on his tuned SW, lots of miles without issues, 96 is more than enough for trail riding and safety.

what brand
how many for trail riding a stock one {wife}
how many for 240hp tuned one (me)
what length for 1 " track
were do i buy them from
mostly trail riding for safety
i also dont really like studs on outside of rails as ive pulled them out before on apexs

maybe for the cost of studs i should put a ice attak xt 1.22 " track on them
thanks for any advise
Fast Trac they are like running Hoosiers on a door car ! They are local from ILLINOIS! Great product great company
have a great website for stud applications. And the track is excellent for an SRX for groomed trails you don’t take a winder in the powder anyway too heavy will sink quick !

I’m with fast trac too. Last I knew they were an advertiser here. I did have a couple bent ones and one broke on a storm track but I’m not easy on stuff and don’t always ride in the best of conditions although I’m always mindful of track spin on bad conditions. I think they have a lifetime warranty on bends and breaks too but don’t quote me on that. The blue backers are a nice touch too
B00D0BC6-F3CF-47B0-83BF-E5DDD4725CF5.jpeg

I’m with fast trac too. Last I knew they were an advertiser here. I did have a couple bent ones and one broke on a storm track but I’m not easy on stuff and don’t always ride in the best of conditions although I’m always mindful of track spin on bad conditions. I think they have a lifetime warranty on bends and breaks too but don’t quote me on that. The blue backers are a nice touch tooView attachment 167610
I like running only doubles as they don’t pull out and I do all mine just like yours every other panel. I have other winders that I purchased used with 4 per row in every panel and they don’t out pull from a start , or out brake , or handle better than this combo , IMO and have not had a customer complaint yet and it’s half the cost & half the weight.

Last edited:
installed on centre belt 144, 1.50" studboy powerpoints on a 1" ripsaw. hooks awesome...

Back