• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

I will venture to say that Yamaha, as well as possibly other manufacturers, with their late deliveries of '22 SPS orders, will most likely have a delayed release of their '23 line-up; assuming there is even one. :dunno:

I'm not expecting much of anything from any manufacturer given they can't produce current models.
Agree though that a power steering Viper may be in the cards.
An improved quiet clutch for these sleds would be nice.

The Yamaha models will slowly get switched over to more and more Arctic Cat. Next step will be the new ADAPT clutch on Yamaha models as well.

Almost started this thread myself but didn't want to rattle anyone still waiting for their '22. My only expectation would be PS on the Viper. On the other hand wouldn't be surprised to see it dropped or last call either.

Bring back the V-Max4!!!!

Bring back the best Yamaha four-stroke engine ever made, the four-cylinder Apex with its cushioned underdriven output shaft with a turbo at 280HP stock in a chassis designed for it! I'm talking a new, lightweight yet strong Cat chassis, not an old Deltabox heavy tank chassis.

No more belt issues and in a Cat chassis that rides and handles terrific with a Yamaha driveline! Someone pinch me!

Last edited:
The Yamaha models will slowly get switched over to more and more Arctic Cat. Next step will be the new ADAPT clutch on Yamaha models as well.
Is this speculation, prophesy, or a real window into the future of Yamaha’s snowmobile division Al?
If it’s the real deal I’m going to be ridiculously disappointed in a brand I’ve loved literally my entire life.

Apex, with the 3 cyl turbo.

Stubbs- IMO I think you need to look at where Yamaha makes money. I think Yamaha makes relatively little money (profit), because of labor costs/dealers, from the sale of PWC, Snowmobiles, Boats, Outboards, etc.. I think Yamaha makes [snowmobile] money from Yamaha finance (CC), Yamaha winter clothing sales, the sale of OEM parts and accessories. How many suppliers distribute Yamaha OEM sled parts? Many? Few?

I & W those areas dry up, will mean trouble for Yamaha snowmobiles. AND then there's Covid that skews all the numbers. Anyways lets get back to the back to the 2023 line-up. I'm buy-in

Yeah, they need to honor all the 2022s before even breathing a word about 2023. Would be a major insult to loyal buyers of 2022s who haven't received them yet.
Many MFG's including Yamaha Boats and Polaris in their SXS division "cancelled" and replaced '21 orders for '22 model year offerings this past year. Many customers were ticked, others were delighted that they finally got a build date. I use the term cancelled loosely, as they truly just moved them over to a '22 build. But it all revolved around how that message was delivered by the dealer. As some dealers took advantage of the opportunity to add in some charges for margin.

Yamaha went the route of strickly BNG on their '22 boat line up. So it was easy to just refresh their prior orders with '22's. But some dealers wanted to jack the price on an order already with a deposit! That pissed a few off.

But Polaris did the same thing in their dirt division with hardly a tan camo General 4 being shipped and customers having the option to switch to white or black '22 much later than expected.

So yes, we will see a spring power surge, and you can bet that once the line is shut down to retool for '23 models, any left over orders will shift. But it's sad that those loyal customers may have missed a season. It's the best snow we have seen in North-Central MN in a decade.

I agree with the speculation above, that EPS may fall into more models this year. Otherwise BNG is all most expect year after year. The debate that the procross chassis is dated will be argued over again. But neither AC or Yamaha will want to put the R&D into a new chassis with all these supply chain issues.

@sab2020 easy there.. Yamaha is the worldwide market leader in outboard motor sales with greater than 40% market share. The total of yamaha motors which covers all the recreational vehicles plus the automotive OEM segment is $13B USD in annual sales. It is also a profitable division for them with more than $4B in gross profits last year and they are also a fortune global 500 company. The motor division does very well.

Yamaha apparel is all outsourced and brand licensing. It makes little money as those markets run on uber thin profits and it is probably managed by the marketing team, not the product team but that's a guess.

Do you know what I want and dream about? A yamaha snowmobile with a quality and shape that corresponds to yamaha's classic products.
A machine with quality and feel of Japan. Do you fix it yamaha for the next model year

Back