• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Yamaha snowmobile releases, March 14, 2023

The SRX looks great. Honestly, if I wasn't married now with 3 younger kids I would seriously consider one. Yeah, the chassis may be 12 years old, but it has been updated over the years, and is light years ahead of my 2008 Vector in many ways. I've only averaged 300 miles per year recently so my Vec will never die anyway.

The blue LTX-LE would be my choice. It has the best shock package, longer travel and EPS. The only thing I don’t like is the Turbo sticker. I really don’t like that on any of them to be honest, but that can be fixed pretty easy.

I'm on a YamaCat 998 since 2017, and the new EPS sled offers a lot for me. Not only is the 17 Winder awesome, the new EPS is even better. Nothing out there compares or is up to the task like them. There's not a Doo or Polaris that compares to the Winder right now for a trail sled. The Doo's and Poo's still don't compare to the 17 yet let alone the better riding and easier steering EPS version of the Winder. There is still no competition for the ProCross at a Cross Country race event other than the new Catalyst from Cat. The new EPS sleds fells 150 lbs lighter than the non EPS sleds on the trail. I had a 2012 version of the turbo Cat and would have never thought I would be saying I'd own 2 more after how much I HATED the 2012, but here I am, In love with the ProCross now.
But..but..but....that BOOST!!! LOLOL!!

I chose to sell my ‘18 SW (with 20k kms on it) at the beginning of this season as a medical thing was, and has taken me out until next year. I was hoping to step into the LTX LE with PS and shock package to enjoy as my last sled. Unfortunately the $2500 increase from last years price has pushed the total out of my range.
With a finance rate of over 10% APR, it takes a $30k Cdn sled to over $40k! I know I was spoiled when I bought my ‘18 Winder and it was under $18k and at 0% APR for the same 60 month period.
I’ll just have to ride my ‘15 Viper next year as it only has 31k kms on it and accept the fact that I’ll not have a last new SW sled.

So what do you want? I just re-read all your posts on this thread, and all you offered was analysis of how we got here and other criticisms.
You don't want a Viper or a Winder but you want something new from Yamaha? Am I to understand that is correct?
I'm on a RTX SE right now but the one strand of Viper isn't really what I want. LTX isn't a bad sled, but much more laid back vibe to it. What competes with an XCR or an X package renegade? Not to mention for the price of the viper I can get 180 hp from doo. The 1049 engine has been around for years now as well as the chassis. No reason that they haven't gotten their ROI at this point, and can't make it a more competitive priced machine.

You don't even know what the 24's are yet.
You may very well be right that there isn't much, but no other manufacturer brought much else new for 24 either.
So should they all 'fold up'?
On the bold, I told you so. They have nothing new and didn’t offer the Cataylist to their customers.

On the bold, I told you so. They have nothing new and didn’t offer the Cataylist to their customers.
Doesn't change anything I said.
Should have expected a barrage of negativity, you can always count on that.

I'm on a RTX SE right now but the one strand of Viper isn't really what I want. LTX isn't a bad sled, but much more laid back vibe to it. What competes with an XCR or an X package renegade? Not to mention for the price of the viper I can get 180 hp from doo. The 1049 engine has been around for years now as well as the chassis. No reason that they haven't gotten their ROI at this point, and can't make it a more competitive priced machine.
I guess you'll have to switch brands, that's the beauty of living in free Countries.
Choices.

I wish I could tell the Yamaha die-hards where Yamaha is going but I can't.
Obviously there is great brand loyalty shown by some while at the same time great frustration also.
Some are looking for specific models to suit their needs.
It could be that Yamaha doesn't really care if they're ever number one in sales - and are perfectly Ok with that. They may see the line up they have as helping their dealers that get winters to remain profitable year-round.
However, for the hard-core, big-mile trail rider, I truly believe that the Winder/9000/T-Cat is the top-dog in that category and no one has caught them yet in that category.

I wish I could tell the Yamaha die-hards where Yamaha is going but I can't.
Obviously there is great brand loyalty shown by some while at the same time great frustration also.
Some are looking for specific models to suit their needs.
It could be that Yamaha doesn't really care if they're ever number one in sales - and are perfectly Ok with that. They may see the line up they have as helping their dealers that get winters to remain profitable year-round.
However, for the hard-core, big-mile trail rider, I truly believe that the Winder/9000/T-Cat is the top-dog in that category and no one has caught them yet in that category.
I'm a die hard you are pointing to. I have been debating on selling my 17 for new as well. As others stated, only real difference is power steering. Sorry, but it isn't enough for me to justify having to update all the issues and accessories again. Just not enough meat on it for the price I would have to pay. I too was really hoping for something on the new winder, even just kicking the power up, or adding flares, or something more to help justify. I would not buy an SRX with electronic shocks, or any sled with electronic shocks. Even if they made a big difference, have any of these electric shock sleds worked as new long term? It seems the Apex's with electric shocks had all sorts of problems. The winder LTX has the best shock package going. I just put all the same shocks on my17 deluxe. Those were not good shocks.

I'm starting to see what will kill the older RX and Apex models. Parts. Several parts I have looked at needing are now unavailable from Yamaha. What will that look like in 5 years?

Doesn't change anything I said.
Should have expected a barrage of negativity, you can always count on that.
I have been positive for a long time even after the Cat agreement in 2014. I own a Viper and have been a satisfied customer, but I don't see what is positive about the current situation here. I am not asking for new Japanese built sleds. That ship has sailed and it's never coming back. All I want is more effort even if they have Cat contracted to build their sleds. How about they hire some engineers again that will work with their supplier on getting some new models and features on the snow? Anyhow I think a lot of us want to be positive, but this looks more like a "clean out the parts bin" line-up then anything else. If you can draw anything positive out of this other then the new graphics look great or at least they still offer a few sleds I'm all ears.

I remember when the 2014 release discussion went over 100 pages before the models were even launched. This is at 6. Yes they do need to reevaluate their business even if they continue a contracted build sled.

Back