• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Yamaha snowmobile releases, March 14, 2023

Are they even trying anymore? What size of tires should I get? Seriously? :D
Screenshot_20230314_173821_Chrome.jpg

Pick another brand if you want something different. There's Polaris and there's Doo if you want something other than Bold New Graphics, oh and the new Catalyst. Those are your choices, because as has been said, the pure Yamaha ship has sailed and according to some, sank.....

Pick another brand if you want something different. There's Polaris and there's Doo if you want something other than Bold New Graphics, oh and the new Catalyst. Those are your choices, because as has been said, the pure Yamaha ship has sailed and according to some, sank.....
I am planning to eventually move to an AC Catalyst once more engines are available. I guess I'm just sad to leave the Yamaha engine, but that's how it goes. It's just sad to see them closing down the snowmobile division in slow motion.

Yeh definitely not a lot of traffic on this thread yet. The Yamaha Snowmobiles Facebook page does though and the complaining and whining is down right comical. Some totally ridiculous comments like build us a 2s that revs to 10,000 rpms!! I’m like what? Yeh that would be real efficient for the clutches. SMH!!

Put a R-Motion rear skid in it! Ok so it does wheelies? Give us a sled that rides good and handles!! Obviously many of these people have never even ridden one of these Winders that are equipped with the premium shocks?

Nothing surprises me anymore on social media, maybe some of them are Bots?

The most unfortunate thing about this release to me is it confirmed they are done manufacturing sleds in Japan. I wonder if the Ukraine war was the final nail in the coffin as they sold a good number of VK540’s in Russia? One would have thought Cat would‘ve wanted the VK Professional as an option in their line up. I wonder what that production line is now being used for in Japan?

I can’t remember if I read it here or over on Doo-talk but someone wrote maybe Yamaha is the smartest of all the sled OEM’s by getting out of this market early. The snowmobile market is just goin to continue to shrink with climate change and the continual price increases on snowmobiles. If you looked at the 24’s the cheapest sled Yamaha offers is a venom 400 short track and it’s $10,350! If you are starting out, you could buy 2 Yamaha TTR-230 dirt bikes for the same money from the same dealer. The 230’s will run forever. Pretty hard to attract new people and families to the sport of snowmobiling with $10,000+ prices. Back when they introduced the Bravo in the 80’s it was right around $2000 which would be $5682 in today’s dollars.

Thanks for the advise, I'll stay with my pure Yamaha Apex's.

Definitely sank lol. I'm sure glad I pulled the trigger on a SD 850 Turbo instead of waiting for something new from Yamaha. I'll be looking into aftermarket EPS for my '21 and keeping it around.

Last edited:
I’m guessing anything new tech would come at a premium price that most would think twice on or simply can’t afford. Things sure escalated in a hurry price wise.

Glad I found a low mile sidewinder mtx this year.

Definitely sank lol. I'm sure glad I pulled the trigger on a SD 850 Turbo instead of waiting for something new from Yamaha and looking into aftermarket EPS for my '21.
Yep, Yamaha sank because of all the Arctic crap lovers.

Last edited:
Yeh definitely not a lot of traffic on this thread yet. The Yamaha Snowmobiles Facebook page does though and the complaining and whining is down right comical. Some totally ridiculous comments like build us a 2s that revs to 10,000 rpms!! I’m like what? Yeh that would be real efficient for the clutches. SMH!!

Put a R-Motion rear skid in it! Ok so it does wheelies? Give us a sled that rides good and handles!! Obviously many of these people have never even ridden one of these Winders that are equipped with the premium shocks?

Nothing surprises me anymore on social media, maybe some of them are Bots?

More like dolts.

I have been positive for a long time even after the Cat agreement in 2014. I own a Viper and have been a satisfied customer, but I don't see what is positive about the current situation here. I am not asking for new Japanese built sleds. That ship has sailed and it's never coming back. All I want is more effort even if they have Cat contracted to build their sleds. How about they hire some engineers again that will work with their supplier on getting some new models and features on the snow? Anyhow I think a lot of us want to be positive, but this looks more like a "clean out the parts bin" line-up then anything else. If you can draw anything positive out of this other then the new graphics look great or at least they still offer a few sleds I'm all ears.

I remember when the 2014 release discussion went over 100 pages before the models were even launched. This is at 6. Yes they do need to reevaluate their business even if they continue a contracted build sled.
There doesn't even need to be much work done. There has been countless versions of the pro-cross chassis in track lengths and shock packages. It should be more or less a parts bin pick and go. The picture you posted of the website is comical. What are they even doing for a job??? Very minimal things to handle and still can't details right?

Wondering with the new 24 models did they ever address the chain case and shaft bearing issue, for 30 grand here in Canada thought they might have, sense Yamaha is devoted to making its customers happy, maybe Yamaha doesn't think its a problem.;)!

The Riot had EPS last year as well.
Exactly, so why can't yamaha put stickers on one for the blue bleeders. That Riot 9000 EPS really pushes all the right buttons. I just can't handle the ditch pickle (red maybe) The cost of a good wrap puts it over the top.

Back