• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'22 LTX GT EPS has same dual rate springs as lowered Thundercat/SRX?

It will be really sad if there are no Sidewinders available in-season. I suspect that most potential buyers were not willing to commit to a spring order, and Yamaha will lose customers as a result. I wonder if it is a situation where Yamaha didn't have the ability to produce the engines in sufficient quantity, or whether it was AC being unwilling to allocate more time on the assembly line to the 4-stroke sleds? Maybe a little of both?
It has been this way for a few years, preorder only......

True, but we were told " the ONLY way to ensure you get a new Yamaha is to pre order"
In the same video I believe Jarret commented that the pre order build would take priority over floor stock units
I know that some dealers want the inventory but this cant be completely unexpected.
I have heard of A Cat dealer around my parts who "pre -orders " sleds under the names of friends, family and relatives to get some in season inventory. Not ideal, but you do what you have to

Regarding the lowering the sled, I tried 2020 Tcat rear springs on my ZR9 and lowered the front shocks. My experience was that they worked well but on my 129 skid it lowered the back enough for the flap to just about hit the ground. It was great on the lake or groomed trails. I preferred the higher springs on any trail chop or rough trails.

True, but we were told " the ONLY way to ensure you get a new Yamaha is to pre order"
In the same video I believe Jarret commented that the pre order build would take priority over floor stock units
I know that some dealers want the inventory but this cant be completely unexpected.
I have heard of A Cat dealer around my parts who "pre -orders " sleds under the names of friends, family and relatives to get some in season inventory. Not ideal, but you do what you have to
I think that practice is employed by more than one dealer who wants to have some sleds to sell in season. My riding buddy had a choice of a 2019 LTX LE or 2019 SRX from the showroom floor in January of 2019. I assume that in addition to filling out paperwork showing that the sleds are pre-sold, the dealer has to pony up some $ when it makes its spring order, so it isn't something that the smaller dealers can afford to do.

Spring order only has been reality for the past couple of years, but Yamaha has still been advertising certain sleds, like the SRX, as spring order only, and advertising other sleds as being available in season. If Yamaha wants to go to spring order only, they need to advertise it up front, and be honest with their customers and their dealers! For us, buying a new sled is a luxury, but for the dealers, selling those new sleds is a "living." It seems like all the Yamaha dealers I know have taken on other brands, they have had to, just to survive. It worries me that the current situation does not bode well for Yamaha's commitment to snowmobiling in the future.

Hi everyone

Scott in northern Mn

According to Yammy site the LTX GT Eps has dual rate springs and the nose is slightly lowered for razor sharp handling

Just got word that mine is scheduled for late December at the dealer in Duluth Mn

Has anybody put a GT beside an SRX to see if ride height in front is actually the same?
I am assuming it is judging by the springs but have yet to see one in person!

Has anybody put a GT beside an SRX to see if ride height in front is actually the same?
I am assuming it is judging by the springs but have yet to see one in person!

Chassis is the same, spindles are the same, so angle of the A-arms should tell you if they are at the same height?

How tight are the front springs? This will determine front height.. Its not as simple as the same front springs on same year sled. The SRX/t cat springs for the front and rear really help with ride(twisty trails) IMO. Ran them for 1950 Miles this year on a 2022 LTX SE with Qs3R on the front.. Had to turn the springs upside down so they would not rub the cannisters. Maybe some will run them tighter and be fine But I did not care for how tight I had them turned so they would not rub canisters on the QS3R.. Now on the standard QS3 the spring are fine run in the "normal way you see them(close spring coils) up .. The cannister on the QS3R IS bigger(length) then the standard QS3.. I have a 2021 800 I run the SRX/ t cat spring up front and in the rear(torsions).. It has standard QS3 on it.. It flat out rails corners with cat skis and semi aggressive trackers.

My 17' Limited is jacked up compared to the 19' SRX I ride with, we both run Pilots and pretty much the same track ( I switched his to a Rip 2 ) so when I was dialing in his clutching the difference in the cornering was amazing. It was mentioned above but now that I have ordered those front springs I wonder if I should grab the rears, most of my riding is mid week so 3' moguls aren't an issue. My concern is whether having a 129" will make a difference using the SRX/Thundercat 137" rears?

My 17' Limited is jacked up compared to the 19' SRX I ride with, we both run Pilots and pretty much the same track ( I switched his to a Rip 2 ) so when I was dialing in his clutching the difference in the cornering was amazing. It was mentioned above but now that I have ordered those front springs I wonder if I should grab the rears, most of my riding is mid week so 3' moguls aren't an issue. My concern is whether having a 129" will make a difference using the SRX/Thundercat 137" rears?
EDIT Will those torsion springs even work in a 129? I would think no?. Not 100% sure.. Cannondale would know..

Look at the huge difference Dom my 19’ SRX to my buddy’s 20’ GT.

Attachments

• A8BAB275-D4B1-41A5-82BB-059EA232032A.jpeg
    A8BAB275-D4B1-41A5-82BB-059EA232032A.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 105

Back