• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

22 tooth gear conflicting part #s

justin1620

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX DX
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
1999 SRX 700
1998 SRX 700
2005 Arctic Cat F7
WEBSITE
www.rustymyers.com
can somebody please give me the correct part number for a 22 tooth top gear? I installed Arctic cat part # 1702-491 but now I’m reading it should have been 1702-395. Can someone please verify which is correct for my ‘18 sidewinder ltx

Justin,

I am on your FB comment (Terry B) and I was going to post this last night....but fell asleep.

The 22 gear you bought, take that gear and chain by itself and see how it fits in the chain wrapped around. Do a comparison between the stock 21 gear and the 22 tooth gear. If the chain seems to not sit well in the 22 tooth gear and sits in the stock gear fine.....you have the wrong gear. To double check this....take the reverse chain and do the same thing with both the 21 and 22 tooth gear. By what I saw on your FB post, you should have the same result, just opposite where the 21 tooth gear would not fit correct and the 22 tooth will fit correctly in the reverse chain.

Yes, this sucks and I had the same problem with my Viper. Relied on a well known advertiser here and got the wrong top gear. What did I do? I ended up finding a stock bottom reverse gear which is a 40 tooth and bought the correct pitch chain so now my Viper has 22/40 gearing. Only mod I had to make was had to machine a 1/4 inch spacer to go between both bottom gears cause the reverse gear has a concave face where the stock drive gear is straight flat.

Reverse chain won't go over the top gear. It is too narrow.

1702 491 is a 22T BW Hyvo gear with oil holes
1702 395 is a 22T BW gear without oil holes.

Very simple phone Arctic Cat give them the part number and they will verify. Gear description on their part listing says if its Borg Warner or not.

Back