• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2nd Apex Ride (Clutching) Part 3

Snow Fever

Expert
Well we got back out riding Sat. We went to the same area and there was 2' of powder on the snow we rode just 2 days earlier ;)! We had a frigg'n BLAST! We put on about 55miles. Down at the bottom the Apex pulled 10,400rpm (2400' elevation) Down the road in about 7-8" of powder on a hard packed base it would do 87mph. Not to shabby for a 162" track and a sled that has 100miles on it. At the top of the mountain (6500') in 2'-2 1/2' of powder the rpm was just under 10,000 rpm. This was taking no run at the hill and loading it up as hard as we could. (Heres something stupid, never did check track speed :o| ) The sled felt great, the power seems very strong and the throttle response is to die for. We never had any other sleds to compare it too other then my RX-1 Turbo so I can't say for sure how it would do against the other brand Big Bores but time will tell. Here is what we have for clutching and plan to leave until we get some miles on it.

89Ls @ 43 grams (The 8BU-00 didn't pull as strong)
1 pin @ 4.5 grams
2 washers @ 3 grams total (one on either side of the pin)
A Pink/Yellow/Pink Primary Spring (The short one)
3 washers behind the spring (The ones you buy from Yamaha for doing this)
A silver secondary spring, wraped @ 70 degrees (80 degrees might be better?)
A 44-38 Dalton Helix
The gearing is stock (For now)
Engagement is 3,200Rpm

I will keep you guys informed of any other changes I make and let you know how it performs against other sleds as guys start coming out to ride. If you bought one of these sleds, your going to be very happy with it other then the windsheild. (Unless you REALLY love LOTS of fresh air)

Attachments

• Nov52.JPG
    Nov52.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Nov53.JPG
    Nov53.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Nov51.JPG
    Nov51.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 122

Anyone know clutching for 240 - 260hp on Apex Mountain with turbo or super charger?????

Have 2 rides on mine..Everything so far works great..Doesn't sound to me like your following the break in procedure to the letter TSK TSK..Haven't gone over 6000 RPM myself..LOL

Attachments

• DSC00585 (640 x 480).jpg
    DSC00585 (640 x 480).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 121
Breakin period? You should bring engine upto operating temp. and then run it threw the rpm band. There is a good articlel on snowest about breaking new fourstrokes.

apex

how did you not bring it paast 6000rpm i rode mine for the first time yesterday and thats near imposible.6000 rpm is like 35 km and it sucks you cant do anything at that speed.o ya love my new sled it fucken rips there was enough snow to hit some banks and jumps and it was great carves so much easier then a rev.

Just kidding about 6000 RPM---Don't think I got below that all day--Starting to feel a power increase I think now that I have almost 200 KM on her...Feeling better every ride ..Going for # 4 ride today YEEHAA

Attachments

• 117_1736.JPG
    117_1736.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 108
I hate all of you. Please invite me to your homes, pay for my trip out there and give me 5 extra days of vacation so I can ride too. :tg:

Snow Fever....

Should pick up my Apex on the 26th.. Talked to Dean at Alpine and he's going to set up the clutch as per your post.....Thanks for the info

RadarVector, Yea we are heading out again this weekend going to be riding with some Rev's Cats and Polaris's and I'll let you know how it makes out against them.

Back