• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2up seat for viper

newfie09xtx

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S
Looking for reviews on the 2up seat. How easy it is to remove ? How comfortable for long rides? Hands get cold for passenger?

After an addition to the family the nytro isn't looking the best for two up riding and am considering getting rid of the nytro. Also looking at the arctic cat pantera but don't really want to jump ship even though it's half a Yamaha!

What is the price on 2 up ? Dealer laughed and said you dont want to know ... he estimated around $900.

I'd opt for the Pantera versus getting a Viper + 2up seat.
Thing is about Arctic Cat...updates are available sooner than Yamaha, and service dept at AC know more about the chassis than Yamaha Dealers.

I have one for the 50 miles the wife wants to go for a ride it is on and off in 2 min I put mine on with pins not bolts

Attachments

• 410.JPG
    410.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,626
  • 408.JPG
    408.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,144
Have two up seat for mine, very comfortable and wife has no problem riding for two hundred km at a time, east to remove and put on, only 4 small bolts

My two up was $15000.00 But worth every penny.
My wife hates two up on a sled, on a bike or what ever, and that works for me.

I went with this one.... http://www.rototeck.com/en/snowmobile/titan-touring-2-up-seat

I like it a lot, but haven't used it yet. Once you mount the 4 pegs (4 pegs mount to your tunnel that the seat mounts too) it just pops on & off, no pins or bolts. And mounting the pegs required drilling a hole for each one and tightening the bolts. The directions came with exact measurement where to put them. The heated hand grips were very easy to wire to the battery (undo nuts, slid wires over peg, tighten nuts). Also has LED taillights but I don't think I will hook those up. I took all the install videos and made an I-movie but can't seem to upload to Youtube from my phone. Going to have to retry from my PC. It was just over $700 delivered.

Another pro if you go the Pantera route...15 gallons of fuel versus the Viper's 10.

What kind of pins do you use for this? The front bolts is a pain to remove as the track is in the way..
I have it on the sidewinder but it have the same kind of mount as in your pictures.

What kind of pins do you use for this? The front bolts is a pain to remove as the track is in the way..
I have it on the sidewinder but it have the same kind of mount as in your pictures.

I've been using the pins that have a series of holes in them that use a cotter pin to lock them in place.

Doo has the ultimate seat setup with their Linq setup and a true 2 up base foam, but short of that I'd look hard at the Rototek unit that zr800 linked above. Looks pretty slick

I went with this one.... http://www.rototeck.com/en/snowmobile/titan-touring-2-up-seat

I like it a lot, but haven't used it yet. Once you mount the 4 pegs (4 pegs mount to your tunnel that the seat mounts too) it just pops on & off, no pins or bolts. And mounting the pegs required drilling a hole for each one and tightening the bolts. The directions came with exact measurement where to put them. The heated hand grips were very easy to wire to the battery (undo nuts, slid wires over peg, tighten nuts). Also has LED taillights but I don't think I will hook those up. I took all the install videos and made an I-movie but can't seem to upload to Youtube from my phone. Going to have to retry from my PC. It was just over $700 delivered.

Where did you order from?

I went with this one too. It is nice that it comes on and off so easily. It works great for my 11 year old to ride with me. It'll be nice when he can ride his own... next year! Anyway, it's great! And, I ordered it from a vendor in Canada (not sure who... google is your friend). The shipping was a bit more, but I paid in Canadian dollars. With the exchange, it only cost about $500 after shipping.

Back