• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3 incher on Nytro

mckinney

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
So I about have my sled a part enough to modify the front cooler for the 3 incher. Is it worth it in the end? My plan is to modify the front cooler similar to Nikolia. Will I be able toget enough room my clearance is 2 and 7/8 inches. I am planning the starter notch the frame cross bar is another I need to modify. Cannot tell what room there is until the side is off and I can take the cooler out.

I have the cooler lose in there now and have to pull off the chaincase side wanting to know if it is possible without buying the already modded front cooler. I removed the tunnel cooler as it is an older push turbo with the charge tube running on the side in place of the tunnel cooler. May try to flip the tunnel cooler to the other side. But temps are good if not left to idle too long.

Anybody with some helpful words?

mckinney

It,s well worth it but a lot of work. I bought the parts from Crracing...you don’t need to worry about the starter.

Attachments

• E1AA0D46-D975-4433-BFA9-9C7FBD418A3F.jpeg
    E1AA0D46-D975-4433-BFA9-9C7FBD418A3F.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 199
Big job to do, but 3" is more capable in slow speeds and more "out of the hole" grip. I like it more over 2,5 challenger, it gives me extra time to thing new driving lines in bad places and possibility even stop, where with 2,5" i had to keep moving to prevent stuck. If I have to do same thing again, I would definitely buy some set from cr or some other manufacturer.

Back