• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3 wheel offset axle

T-rav 27

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Srx 700 imp,1100 turbo, mcx apex
Hey guys I purchased a 3 wheel offset axle from tricked toys and I'm running 3 9.5 inch proline wheels the issue I. Having is trying g to get the outter wheels aligned on tracked I had it perfect on the stand then took it out and bang right out to lunch again the problem is with the outter wheels on u can get to the nut that snugs axle together in rails to tighten and loosen track I'm not sire what I'm doin wrong to get them perfect on the track

Here's a pic from their site. Looks like you just need to get a thin wrench on the back side of the block to tighten the outer axels down. Kinda surprised they didn't seat those bolt heads to make it easier. You always want to tighten the side that has the bigger reveal from the wheel to the edge of the track. By this I mean, loosen both axels and tighten the adjuster on the side with the bigger reveal.
blue-320.jpg

Last edited:
Been a common problem with Tricked Toys offset axles since day 1. I have been using their stuff since 2005 era. Same issue with all of them - how to loosen/align/tighten track with outside wheels on.

Been a common problem with Tricked Toys offset axles since day 1. I have been using their stuff since 2005 era. Same issue with all of them - how to loosen/align/tighten track with outside wheels on.
Looks like quality stuff. Not a big fan of the aluminum wheels, but they look killer. Those bolts should be captive

Last edited:
Outside wheels block access to axle bolts.
Can’t reach around the front and get a wrench in? As suggested they should be captive. Sounds like a question for TT.
Had there wheels on my 05 Mach Z they sure looked cool had a plastic insert on the wheel to keep the stud heads from chewing the aluminum up. Seemed like more of a bling thing than performance improver to me

Can’t reach around the front and get a wrench in? As suggested they should be captive. Sounds like a question for TT.
Had there wheels on my 05 Mach Z they sure looked cool had a plastic insert on the wheel to keep the stud heads from chewing the aluminum up. Seemed like more of a bling thing than performance improver to me
Not on the kits I bought from them over years. Axle bolt is in a cut out area so from front you can't even see it. Access is through track windows with a custom bent 9/16" wrench. Ugly. Yes, bling thing.

Not totally related but one thing I hate about the stock 1" axle being used in a four wheel kit is sure seems to gall up and groove where the wheel bearings sit on the axle. Then the wheel damn near becomes stuck on the axle. TT does offer another axle i see it appears different then the one in this thread? I see BOP offers a different axle but it does not use 6205 wheel/bearings that i have on my avid 8" wheels. :dunno:

What are you guys running for rear axle/4 wheel kits?

Last edited:
J&T Stealth big wheel kit here Jon
Same on winder. Just trying to figure out what to do on the Catalyst that i got.. Comes with 4 wheels(which i dont like) The wheels themselves not that it comes with 4 wheels.. Anyways I bought the avid wheels and just used the stock axle and spacers.. Plastic crap, and the axle is all jacked up from the adjuster bolts and the bearings on the axle.. Maybe they changed the axle material but its garbage IMO.. Its galled and jacked up after 250 miles.. The JT has the adjuster ends that prevent galling from adjuster bolts.. Not that its snowing or doing anything here.. I did manage to ride a little here at home.. Its a nightmare season so far with weather.

Yes and as an added feature the new billet adjusters sit further out making it a whole lot easier to make adjustments as there is no need to get a wrench inside the rail window. Socket and long extension fits on the bolts without gouging the rails

Hey guys I purchased a 3 wheel offset axle from tricked toys and I'm running 3 9.5 inch proline wheels the issue I. Having is trying g to get the outter wheels aligned on tracked I had it perfect on the stand then took it out and bang right out to lunch again the problem is with the outter wheels on u can get to the nut that snugs axle together in rails to tighten and loosen track I'm not sire what I'm doin wrong to get them perfect on the track
if I’m understanding your question correctly. Can you not adjust track with outside wheels on then take them off and tighten axel then put wheels back on?

Back