• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

300km ride today. Clutching review

Doowithblue

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Mach z x (sold)
18- RTX LE
Ultimax 825/ 60y/ yl-wh-yl/ 38deg/ dalton white @ 0/1 offset @ 58 and 911 cover. 22/41 rtx le.
270R tune.
Turning 8800-8850 secondary is hot but not too hot that i cant keep hand on. Seems to perform best to date. Perhaps because it just came off some wide open passes on nippising. Belt has 500kms on it and still looks like new.
I think im done unless i try 290 then will have to add weight. I also feel like it could use a tad more heel weight but thats minor. Thanks to ty forums and all who contribute their findings on here. Im heading out tomorrow again with some added heel weight.

Ultimax 825/ 60y/ yl-wh-yl/ 38deg/ dalton white @ 0/1 offset @ 58 and 911 cover. 22/41 rtx le.
270R tune.
Turning 8800-8850 secondary is hot but not too hot that i cant keep hand on. Seems to perform best to date. Perhaps because it just came off some wide open passes on nippising. Belt has 500kms on it and still looks like new.
I think im done unless i try 290 then will have to add weight. I also feel like it could use a tad more heel weight but thats minor. Thanks to ty forums and all who contribute their findings on here. Im heading out tomorrow again with some added heel weight.

How do you have the weight loaded up on the Stms? This is very similar to my setup actually, seems to work good. Stock gearing for me tho

Phil i will have to look when i get home i haven't opened the side panel too much on this trip which isn't hurting my feelings any.

Phil i will have to look when i get home i haven't opened the side panel too much on this trip which isn't hurting my feelings any.

Lol. That’s always good. No rush I was just curious. I run lots of heel weight and it seems to work well. I think I am done with the 8JP experience tho. I gotta get one of those 825 to test with. Where are you buying them in Ontario?

I ran my white at 9/1 and it was super hot.....I dropped it to 6/3 today and the heat is much more tolerable on secondary, while it is still hotter then my b/o at 6/3. Im gonna run the white abit longer with it like this. I never had slippage with my b/o at 80 or 90 degrees, but the conditions have been easy gliding mostly this winter.

I do like the cooler clutches with the b/o though. Just really wanted max engine braking but that seems to be over-ridden by ECU (EBR) ...

So far the lowered offset for me seems to be what has made belts live. Ultimax for sure is my fave so far, clean and holding up will with 1050 miles now on belt this season.

Dan
IMG_4361.jpg

The extra heat is tolerable on mine. I do know that it pulls way harder with this combo. I dont care too much about heat as long as it doesn't blow belts.
I hear ya.....I feel like mine this yr is a serious rocket!

Im getting to the mileage where i'm wondering if I should swap out belt, but I sorta want to see how many miles I can go, but dont want to blow either...lol

Dan

Has anyone blown a timken yet? Curious to see if it grenades lol

I ran my white at 9/1 and it was super hot.....I dropped it to 6/3 today and the heat is much more tolerable on secondary, while it is still hotter then my b/o at 6/3. Im gonna run the white abit longer with it like this. I never had slippage with my b/o at 80 or 90 degrees, but the conditions have been easy gliding mostly this winter.

I do like the cooler clutches with the b/o though. Just really wanted max engine braking but that seems to be over-ridden by ECU (EBR) ...

So far the lowered offset for me seems to be what has made belts live. Ultimax for sure is my fave so far, clean and holding up will with 1050 miles now on belt this season.

Dan
View attachment 146195
Good to hear Dan I’m glad it’s all back together and all good now. Now it’s time to put some k on that girl lol.

Pan

Has anyone blown a timken yet? Curious to see if it grenades lol
@round 115mph mine went with a bang. It snapped in half, piled up under brake guard with no damage or mess. Only a couple peices of belt and some string hair in the belt guard. Had just over 1900 miles on it. Now you just need to take picture of reciept and belt. Send $15 and you will get a new belt in about 10 days, great warranty.

I hear ya.....I feel like mine this yr is a serious rocket!

Im getting to the mileage where i'm wondering if I should swap out belt, but I sorta want to see how many miles I can go, but dont want to blow either...lol

Dan
How much weight are you running in the primary Dan?

Back