• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3200 km and need to change roller, weight, washer of Clutch ?!

MattB_Qc

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Polaris Rmk Assault 2018 - Sold
Spring Order Sidewinder LTX-LE - 2021
hey guys,l I did get my sled 2021 SW LTX- LE for a checkup because it is still warranty 3 years I told them to check my clutch also, they told me they need to replace the weight washer and roller? wtf? is this normal ?

so you're telling me if I ride 9000 km this year this will be 900 $ of roller weight and washer for 1 year? how can this be normal my bro have over 16000km on his 900 aces turbo stage 1 and his roller are still very good

Put a primary clutch from a apex or fx nytro on it and problems with rollers goes away.

Do a search on here for the primary rollers.
You will find lots of reading.

ill get rid of this fucking clutch for sure god damn it

Seems premature that weights need replacing. I’ve got 5600 on mine, my buddy did his at 9,000 and my other buddy has his done this summer at 10,000. His were rough shape.

hey guys,l I did get my sled 2021 SW LTX- LE for a checkup because it is still warranty 3 years I told them to check my clutch also, they told me they need to replace the weight washer and roller? wtf? is this normal ?
Is this a completely stock machine? Not tuned? All stock clutch parts?

Is this a completely stock machine? Not tuned? All stock clutch parts?
yes 100 % stock -.- im waiting 8:30 to tall CV TECH and get new clutch

yes 100 % stock -.- im waiting 8:30 to tall CV TECH and get new clutch
You’d be better off buying a good used Apex/Nytro/Vector/RX1 clutch for your ‘Winder.

Probably just weight bushings pretty cheap to replace!
Sounds like your getting boned by your dealer hard...
Around 200$ Canadian will get weight bushings , washers and to rollers

I bought a 17 Sidewinder this year and the primary rollers wouldn't turn. But after looking at them they weren't damaged, but the bushings just needed to be pushed back in. It had 5000+ plus miles on it and the secondary rollers were badly flat spotted and both springs had signs of coil bind. Obviously no one had ever looked at the clutches. IMO stock clutches on stock tune can be fine, but they need regular inspections to keep working properly.

Why spend the dollars on rollers and bushings over and over.
Just put that money in a good clutch.
I went to a fx nytro primary and didn't have any roller issues at all last year. The previous year a set of rollers lasted one weekend.
If the OP is having issues already it will get worse as time goes on.

I hear what you are saying and I may go that route eventually. In my case I just wanted to get things working properly and ride for a season before deciding to buy a whole new clutch. I figure it made it 5000 miles with just some wear on parts if I put it back together I should be fine this season. The big problem the OP has is taking stuff to the dealer makes every little thing prohibitably expensive. If I had to rely on the dealer to fix my stuff I would not be able to keep riding.

Back