• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4,200 miles..what to look for?

Bigblue1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder RTX-LE
Apex SE
With 4,200 miles on sw nowwhat should I be looking for to replace/service; Drive shaft and clutch bearing...chain case.......?

Top gear replace (bushing possibly worn), if no adjustment for chain it may be stretched and need replaced, inspect inside chaincase for wear. Clean and regrease or replace upper and rear idler bearings, jackshaft bearing behind secondary, lower driveshaft bearing behind brake rotor. Go through rear skid for any bushings/spacers for wear, basically common seasonal maintenance, if planning or possibly achieving same mileage next year.

How does the jackshaft bearing in the chaincase stand up. Was a problem in early Vipers, had one go in 8000 kms on my 2014, my friend's 2015 went at 7000 kms.My Sidewinder now has 7500 kms. wondering if I should be replacing this bearing now.

Top gear replace (bushing possibly worn), if no adjustment for chain it may be stretched and need replaced, inspect inside chain case for wear. Clean and regrease or replace upper and rear idler bearings, jackshaft bearing behind secondary, lower driveshaft bearing behind brake rotor. Go through rear skid for any bushings/spacers for wear, basically common seasonal maintenance, if planning or possibly achieving same mileage next year.

Thanks. Kind of what I figured. Was hoping not to have to get into chain case.

Back