• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 wheel kit options

justin1620

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX DX
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
1999 SRX 700
1998 SRX 700
2005 Arctic Cat F7
WEBSITE
www.rustymyers.com
ive got a LTX 137" sidewinder and am looking at getting a 4th wheel kit. There are a few brands selling them, what kit do you guys like the best? Do the 8.5" oversized wheels for the LTX sit lower than the rest or is it offset so they are all in a level plain....if they sit lower how does that affect top end speed?

Last edited:

Great question!

Arctic Cat has an outside wheel kit. Which is what I just did.

Some of the bigger dogs like to replace the whole tri-hub with larger wheel kit from J&T.

Great question!

Arctic Cat has an outside wheel kit. Which is what I just did.

Some of the bigger dogs like to replace the whole tri-hub with larger wheel kit from J&T.
Yamaha has the 4th wheel kit also

I went with the Yamaha kit for my B-TX. Easy install and fits well...

Went with the J&T whole replacement.

The bigger wheels will give you less rolling resistance...which would only help top end.

It's a great kit...very high quality. Not cheap..but worth it in my opinion.

larson 4th wheel kit.jpg
larson 4th wheel kit 2.jpg
I put a Larson Racing one on my Viper

Last edited:
Larson is the only true 4th wheel kit but very pricey. Proven in racing however.

Wow, nice looking kit....looks heavy duty!

Is that a true solid axle? That is what I would really love but was not sure it was possible.
This is the real deal.... The axle does go through the rail (so to say) it's a squared off section that goes through the rail so if by chance you loose any wheel or bearing your still rolling as long as the bolt stays tight. From what I understand, and makes sense, even if you loose the bolt it's possible to limp around. Basically the axle can't move upward and out of the rails.
For the extra money which isn't much this axle wheel set up imo is the real deal.
And Dean Larson is great to talk to and so knodgelable.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 405
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 445
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 405
I just ordered the larson’s kit

I wanted the thank you all of the people who make this site great! I have learned so much and have spent a ton of money with all of the upgrades. I pickup my 18 SW LTX-LE in blue on Tuesday and i just ordered the Larson 4th wheel kit. I gave Dean a call today, Sunday. Much to my surprise, he answered the phone and all of my questions. He even sent me a write up from one of his customers, I am trying to post it but I am getting an error that it is too large. If i figure it out, i will post. The thing I liked most about the kit was the way it connected through the rails. See pics for details. He had told me that over 500 people have used this product and even that Yamaha has reached out to him for the kit, very impressive.
upload_2017-12-10_17-50-0.png

Boston RX1 did you figure out how to post that letter from one of Deans customers ? I'm interested to read it and what this customer had to say.

Back