• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

40th Anniversary Apex XTX

iahacker

VIP Member
Just finished this yesterday.
Sled has an MPI supercharger with a 144" XTX skid.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• dscn1777 (2).jpg
    dscn1777 (2).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 344
  • dscn1778 (2).jpg
    dscn1778 (2).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 309
  • dscn1781 (2).jpg
    dscn1781 (2).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 298
  • dscn1782 (2).jpg
    dscn1782 (2).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 309

Looks awesome, nice job! ;)!

40th have to be one of my favs. (along w/RTX of course). SC and XTX conversion just make it that much sweeter!!! :Rockon:

I will be making a big decision next year to do exactly this to my RTX (MPI SC and XTX) or do a '11 XTX. It will be a tough call.

Awesome sled!! Did you do a stage I MPI SC? Looks like you have the tipped up rails are these '11 rails (or skid)or did you use something else?

Sweet! I think the 40th anniversary sled color and graphics are the best Yamaha has to offer. G.B.

The sled belongs to my nephew. He bought the super charger used last season from a TY member in MN. It is all MPI stuff. I installed it for him last year. Just running it on 7 lbs of boost on premium pump gas with some octane boost for good measure. It has a boost gauge, Dynojet wideband with AFR gauge, an MPI GEMS controller and an air dump on the intercooler.
We found out in a hurry a 121" track is a waste of time trying to get any traction with all the HP.
This year, we found a new XTX skid from a 2009 Nytro from a TY member...RacerRob out of OR. He said he got it from someone else in MN. It had never been on the snow. Also came with the rear drop brackets that I modified to fit into the Apex.
Got the skid mounting measurements from yet another TY member, don't remember who. Also took measurments from my sons Nytro XTX as well as my new Apex XTX to get it located just right.
I love the looks of this sled. I told my nephew when he bought it that if he didn't like it, I would buy it from him.
He said last year he really liked it and likely wouldn't sell any time soon. So, I just had to go get a new Apex XTX.

TY classifieds for parts and information from other members made this sled possible and a lot easier to put together.
So, a big thank you to TY and the members ;)!

iahacker said:
The sled belongs to my nephew. He bought the super charger used last season from a TY member in MN. It is all MPI stuff. I installed it for him last year. Just running it on 7 lbs of boost on premium pump gas with some octane boost for good measure. It has a boost gauge, Dynojet wideband with AFR gauge, an MPI GEMS controller and an air dump on the intercooler.
We found out in a hurry a 121" track is a waste of time trying to get any traction with all the HP.
This year, we found a new XTX skid from a 2009 Nytro from a TY member...RacerRob out of OR. He said he got it from someone else in MN. It had never been on the snow. Also came with the rear drop brackets that I modified to fit into the Apex.
Got the skid mounting measurements from yet another TY member, don't remember who. Also took measurments from my sons Nytro XTX as well as my new Apex XTX to get it located just right.
I love the looks of this sled. I told my nephew when he bought it that if he didn't like it, I would buy it from him.
He said last year he really liked it and likely wouldn't sell any time soon. So, I just had to go get a new Apex XTX.

TY classifieds for parts and information from other members made this sled possible and a lot easier to put together.
So, a big thank you to TY and the members ;)!

Interested in doing my 08 Vector 40th, either to a 128 or a 136? :dunno:

Great job again, sled looks amazing ;)!

Thanks guys

Thanks for the compliments. I enjoy fooling around with stuff like this.

Irv, If you lived closer I would do your sled or help you with it.

Forgot to mention that the track and tunnel extension came from Tracks USA. The track is a 9006H fully clipped 144" The tunnel extension was shortened 4" to make it match the lenght of my 2011 Apex XTX with the snow flap angled back also to match.

Have a 97 SX 700 for another friend coming in this week to put a Ripsaw track into. (the 121" track from the Apex) Takes a little fitting but, can be done.

cross over tube

Hi Kinger,

Good question.

The stock tunnel protectors are about 1-1/2" below the cross over tube and the stock aluminum rear casting where the snow flap was mounted.
I custom made extensions for the protectors out of an old slid and extended it all the way to the back of the tunnel extension. It is riveted under where the snow flap is now so you can't see it.

Hope we get some snow this weekend. Can't wait to try this thing out!

Back