• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4x4 Difflock light stays on while driving in 2x4

vettkid82

My 2007 Kodiak 450 will operate in 2x4, 4x4 and 4x4 difflock perfectly fine. it will electrically shift in and out of all modes with no problem. the problem is, on my dash cluster, the 4x4 diff lock light is staying on and reading the difflock is always enguaged even when i am in 2x4. also in order to drive the atv above 35 km/h i have to hold in the over ride button. I am guessing is it just a faulty sensor in the transfere case. Has anyone had this problem? any suggestions??? I apreciate the help!

I would look into the wiring and check that sensors in the diff but I think there are other sensors in the switch as well that could be corroded.

I spoke to the mechanic at the local Yamaha dealer, and suggested it is the shift servo / motor on the front diff. THe sensor is located in it. I have a 2004 Kodiak 450, so i will swap the motors and see if it corrects the problem. Thanks for the input!

Back