• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

50 To 90mph Times

AAdavis

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder SRX
I timed my 2020 SRX today from 50 to 90 via Race Timer app on my phone. I would like to hear of any other times out there with the sled set up, snow type , elevation, temperature, track mods.
Hurricane cold air intake,Hurricane header, three inch muffler,Hurricane closed loop injection, on 270 tune,groomed refrozen snow at 7700ft, low 30s temp. 400 ice screws in track.
3 seconds

Never actually timed but that is window of performance where a tuned winder is screaming in your helmet fun. Will time ours when conditions permit. Our favourite trick with tuned winders is to let snowtrax fav hypersled have the hardpack track across a 2 mile lake and put 290 hp winder in two feet of loose #*$&@ and you can still dust them.

I timed my 2020 SRX today from 50 to 90 via Race Timer app on my phone. I would like to hear of any other times out there with the sled set up, snow type , elevation, temperature, track mods.
Hurricane cold air intake,Hurricane header, three inch muffler,Hurricane closed loop injection, on 270 tune,groomed refrozen snow at 7700ft, low 30s temp. 400 ice screws in track.
3 seconds

What kind of boost do you make at 7700 feet? 3 seconds seems a little slow to be honest. My sled does 0-60mph in the 2.5 second range, I would think 50-90mph would be around 1.5 seconds. My waverunner can do 20-70mph in less than 3 seconds, and it feels slower than my sidewinder.

15lbs of boost. But I have track spin all the time in our snow!

Was thinking the same thing. I got 87mph in 4.2 seconds from a dead stop in under 330 ft. That was on the TD meter

15lbs of boost. But I have track spin all the time in our snow!

Yes, traction is tough without big studs in the track. It looks like you are down a little on power on on the 270 tune at 7700 feet. The 240 tune runs 15psi on my sled, and the 270 is 17 psi or so.

3 seconds
Hard pack snow ice road running Max 17. 50 to 100 mph in 3 seconds. Make me smile every time.

Ok so my time is slow. What I am trying to figure out now is how much is my elevation and how much is traction related?

Traction is everything. Get that thing hooking properly and you will be surprised at the difference. You can estimate power loss at altitude, but if you're spinning the track you know your losing allot of time.

Ok so my time is slow. What I am trying to figure out now is how much is my elevation and how much is traction related?

There is one more variable that really ramps up the speeds and times, that would be conditions!
A tuned Winder on super hard packed conditions with good traction, or even better ice, turns what may be a fast trail sled into a monster that demands your respect quickly. Big difference when compared to even a hard groomed trail with inches of snow on top of it, to a hard frozen, almost ice trail! I ran into that kind of trail condition only once or twice last year and it feels as if 20-30 hp was added with the crazy quick speeds afforded.

Traction is everything. Get that thing hooking properly and you will be surprised at the difference. You can estimate power loss at altitude, but if you're spinning the track you know your losing allot of time.
The extra traction is not going to happen. I have ice screws on every nob but that is as far as I am willing to go. I like it to get losey goosey on powder trails. 5 to 15 on top of a fresh groom is my favorite. If you ask me what kind of riding I do I would call it road racing. So I like to slide going into and out of corners. We have corners here you can see through. Hill climbs are also fun in corn or packed powder contitions.

Back