• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

509 delta 3 helmet review

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
And delta R3 helmet users with any reviews yet? Wanting to pull the trigger on one, but hate to try another first year item

Also found out there is another brand selling this exact helmet at half the price at Canadian tire ..

Sounds like there gonna be a lot of disappointed sledders out there. These helmets are sold out in a lot of places. Thanks for the heads up, already have had frostbite on my face so I have to be careful on helmet choices

Have you got to try yours out yet zoggan . I have one buddy with another 509 delta but he loves his. I messaged 509 and they said they have bugs to work out on the helmet. Leaking around visor. Cold air coming in front vents that can' be closed and around the neck

I have not tried mine yet, that's a discussion for another day (no freaking snow). I was concerned about the fact that you can't close the front vents when I bought it but I figured they must have tested enough and determined they were good the way they are. Not worried about the chin curtain, my existing helmet has an even smaller one.

Don’t buy one, very cold, shield plug kept falling out. I’m calling 509 next week to tell them they to do better r&d and want my money back.

Here's what I did to close off the front vents on mine. Foam backer rod.
c0c23f7416e3eedd57753cf1089ba345.jpg
df71c5c9d8a7efab8fcce5255183d343.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe this is what 509 is recommending we do to protect the wires on the face shield. Clear RTV silicone.
263d8cd79e0c371a9e44ff07bb70b761.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back