• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

63mm offset without spacers??

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
I have blown 2 belts in the 500 miles I have had the sled. When I bought it, I set offset to 58 or 59mm, I don't remember which. Now after the 500 miles and 2 belts I am measuring a 64.2mm offset, after removing the circlip I am only at 63mm offset. Checking with a mirror the bolts behind the primary are not rubbing and appear to have a fair amount of clearance (Likely around 1.5-2mm of clearance). I am planning a 5 day ride starting next week, so ideally I would be able to fix this tomorrow.

How much can be removed from the back side of the secondary before the moveable will hit the bearing bracket there?

Secondly, would you guys recommend machining the secondary or trying to fix the stub shaft first?

EDIT: Clarity

Last edited:

Stub shaft first

Well, I guess is there anyone in the central Wisconsin area with a clutch puller they would be willing to sell/rent/loan out? Doesn't look like anyone is open that sells one tomorrow.

Sounds like the stub shaft has moved big time.

Fix it first. It's just going to keep moving.

Sounds like the stub shaft has moved big time.

Fix it first. It's just going to keep moving.

It wouldn't surprise me, the second belt I blew was WOT @ 8900RPM and ~115mph. I don't even want to know how hard the primary slammed shut before the rev limiters kicked in. (I did let off the throttle immediately after the loud bang the belt made blowing)

It wouldn't surprise me, the second belt I blew was WOT @ 8900RPM and ~115mph. I don't even want to know how hard the primary slammed shut before the rev limiters kicked in. (I did let off the throttle immediately after the loud bang the belt made blowing)

SidewinderConvert, I realize you have offset issues to work out, but what kind of belt are you running? Just curious.

8JP, Seriously thinking about swapping to the new gates red-line belt though.

Many of the knowledgeable members on here are running the XS 825 belt. Once I got my offset and clutches better dialed in, I've been running that belt with no problems at all. But, it doesn't matter how great the belt is, if you're tuned and running 60+ mm offset, you're eventually going to blow the belt.

Back