• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

7000 turbo kit

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
What is the cost of a turbo kit for the 7000 and does it have to have the intake snorkel hanging outside the chassis? Is there a ECU update when installing one?
Do you have overheating issues if trail riding with the 40+ extra HP or is this a kit for mountain riding deep snow only?

Thanks

there are quite a few members that have turbos kits on the sr vipers. a lot of them are trail riders too. do not run that sled myself but i have ridden with a few of the site members with the turbo.

I would highly recommend putting the cost of a Turbo into upgrading to a 2017 or newer 9000 or T-Cat.
I know you didn't ask that, but having the factory Turbo setup is awesome and has the potential to be very fast AND reliable with just software changes if you so desire in the future.

The turbo is great for trail riding. You will need to change gearing and your clutch set-up to take full advantage of the increase in power. As far as heat, YES. Make sure you add some type of additional venting. I ride with some guys that have not added venting and run the intake under the hood. Intake temps can run a bit high. Snorkel is not required but is the best way for the coldest air to get to the intake. I have both, factory installed on a 2019 SRX and a 2014 RTX with turbo. The SRX does have the advantage for easy up upgrades but I really enjoy the RTX with turbo. It is more expensive to set up and maintain a non-turbo sled.

Attachments

• IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 104
If you can find a used kit for a couple grand or less it is a great way to go. Too expensive brand new IMO. No need for external intake. ECU stays stock and fuel controller makes necessary adjustments. More heat than stock but nothing a.bit of tape on panels won't fix.

If you have your Viper setup and customized for yourself this is a great addition. The rad cooling system is better on the Viper for warm days or slow trail riding. It's a fun add-on.

MCX 190 kit goes for under $3000, not sure about other brands but they're easy to look up. Snorkel kit is not important, but I personally recommend it because I love performance.
I don't think there is any ECU reprogramming. You do get a control unit with the MCX kit.
On trails with little snow you may get some high temps, but these machines are great at cooling if you find a couple inches of loose snow. I recommend vent kits (both sides) for longer trail rides.

If you can find a used kit for a couple grand or less it is a great way to go. Too expensive brand new IMO. No need for external intake. ECU stays stock and fuel controller makes necessary adjustments. More heat than stock but nothing a.bit of tape on panels won't fix.

If you have your Viper setup and customized for yourself this is a great addition. The rad cooling system is better on the Viper for warm days or slow trail riding. It's a fun add-on.
I agree with the rad being beneficial! I miss the rad on my sidewinder. I’m glad the turbo is working well for you Nick!

MCX 190 kit goes for under $3000, not sure about other brands but they're easy to look up. Snorkel kit is not important, but I personally recommend it because I love performance.
I don't think there is any ECU reprogramming. You do get a control unit with the MCX kit.
On trails with little snow you may get some high temps, but these machines are great at cooling if you find a couple inches of loose snow. I recommend vent kits (both sides) for longer trail rides.

where can you buy a MCX kit? I have called MCX and they said they aren’t making them anymore and none in stock.

This kit will struggle with staying ahead of new 850's. Also remember that plenty of rods were broken over the years.

My 190 Hurricane Viper absolutely destroyed any 850 that I have came across. If you want a good turn key turbo kit for a Viper get a hold of Dave at Hurricane you won't be disappointed.

Yup! My 190 hurricane with header and machined clutch’s was just as fast as my buddy’s stock sidewinder every time.

where can you buy a MCX kit? I have called MCX and they said they aren’t making them anymore and none in stock.
Stopped making them? USA or Sweden?

I have the MPI turbo kit on my 15 LTX and moved the intake to the nose of the sled under the radiator. I don't like thetthe looks of the out of the hood intakes. Moving it not only got it away from the belt dust, it also dropped my intake temps 50-degrees (in similar ambient temps).

0212202125_HDR.jpg
0212202125a_HDR.jpg

Back