• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

7000 turbo kit

That's a lot of stuff crammed under the hood, good idea regarding the intake location

That's a lot of stuff crammed under the hood, good idea regarding the intake location

Yeah... There is...

0212202321_HDR.jpg

I have the MPI turbo kit on my 15 LTX and moved the intake to the nose of the sled under the radiator. I don't like thetthe looks of the out of the hood intakes. Moving it not only got it away from the belt dust, it also dropped my intake temps 50-degrees (in similar ambient temps).

View attachment 155568 View attachment 155569
Very creative, has it ever been caked with powder? The front end of the SWs get a lot of ice built up on the front end of the inter-cooler.

Very creative, has it ever been caked with powder? The front end of the SWs get a lot of ice built up on the front end of the inter-cooler.

No, I am a trail rider and it never gets iced up in the front like Sidewinders do.

Once you to Turbo you're hocked. My Hurricane turbo has been bullet proof. Started as 190 and went to 240. It's addictive. Clutching is the key. And if you're going over 190 get the head shim and head bolts....

How is the belt life with the turbo kit. I hear the winders are hard on belts

I have had no belt issues and have been running the Gates Carbon C12 belts.

Belt service life is dependent on many factors. Probably one of the most important factors might be riding style. Clutching and gearing have much to do with service life of a belt as well as heat. Another possible issue would be the overall condition of your clutches.

I've used the Timken Ultimax XS825, the 8JP and 8DN. In fact most of my belts even on older sleds have lasted exactly one season and broke around the time of year Jesus was resurrected.
The only time I broke one sooner was when I cruised my AC1100T at 70mph and decided to pop a wheelie.

Back