• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

911 cover for your Yamaha snowmobile..a must for turbo sleds!

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
Thunder Products 911 cover is just more than a pretty part on your sled....

The advantages of the 911 cover can make your sled safer, faster, easier to work on clutching and can save you money in the long run.

#1 Everyone knows a more free moving clutch can add performance to any sled, making it faster reacting and faster shifting.

#2 The billet cover has been tested to 12,000 rpm and strengthens the towers of the clutch, keeping the clutch from twisting.

#3 Yes, I did say making it easier to work on clutching! Because the 911 cover has an adjustment dial to close the gap between the primary sheaves and the belt....the way this setup is mounted, you can take out the 6 bolts from the cover, move your moveable sheave in and change weights without messing with the primary spring like the stock cover, you have to take the stock cover off to change weights....not with the 911 cover. (This should be done by someone experienced so that the cover bolts get torqued in sequence as per instructions)

#4 Saving money for other items is what everyone wants. The 911 will save you money on belt use and clutch parts. Some of the clutches I work on have over 10,000 miles on and the components are still tight with little wear.

Talking with Lonn yesterday.....he wanted me to add this as it is something everyone should know..... "Chevrolet sold a V8 car that made 250 hpr, but they don't think about making a transmission that can handle 500 hpr, or thinks about everyone building up the engine with turbo, nitrous or super-charger....Chevrolet makes a transmission that can only handle up to 250 hpr, because that is all the car can put out from factory.
This is the same with Yamaha. Yamaha built a clutch that can withstand 200 factory hpr. and even at that the clutch is still under a lot of stress. Look at a clutch that has been used for 5,000 miles...... cracks in the sheaves, loose bushings and the wear on plastic sliders can make for a serious situation down the road if not inspected regularly. Now you have the percentage of racers, fast trail riders, those who want a lot of horsepower ECU flashing to almost 350 hpr to these turbo sleds and still running a factory clutch recommended for up to 200 hpr. "

I truly believe in Lonn's words and safety for the sport. Both my turbo sleds have 911 covers.....I've seen sleds I have raced against blow up their primary clutches...It's not pretty.

Last edited:

I'm looking at getting the big venom kit but being from Canada going to cost around 500 here. $449 +5% tax+25 to ship.

Back